DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Leaving L.A. for Atlanta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/67429-leaving-l-atlanta.html)

Nick Hiltgen May 15th, 2006 04:18 PM

Leaving L.A. for Atlanta

Hello all, wanted to try and get a hold of the folks currently out in Atlanta. I'll be returning there for a couple of years starting in June and would love to hang out and grab a beer with my fellow Atlanta area DVI'ers.

For any interested parties I have an XL-H1 and work as a DP/ and Digital Imaging Technician. For the past couple of years I've also worked as a multicam (evertz) engineer and Freelance sony repair tech.

(oh and if anyone's looking to hire someone, I'm looking for work too)

Tim Goldman May 15th, 2006 04:25 PM

hey nick, I'm up here in marietta which isn't to far actually. Not much of a drinker, but i make really good beer batter onion rings.
shoot me an email
Timopod@hotmail.com

maybe we can set up smething.

Philip Williams May 15th, 2006 05:40 PM

Welcome back to Atlanta Nick, I'm sure you'll be an asset to the area and local DVInfo members. I work about 1 minute from Showcase Video, so drop me a line if you're headed that way. I know there's got to be some place around there with some decent beer...

www.philipwilliams.com

Nick Hiltgen May 15th, 2006 06:37 PM

Phillip, I grew up in snellville (went to school at Brookwood) I'm sure there's someplace to hangout.

Tim, I'm a sucker for onion rings, you're on.

Charles Papert May 15th, 2006 07:46 PM

Sorry to see you go old boy--have a good time in Atlanta!

Chris Lockerman May 15th, 2006 08:08 PM

Hey Nick,
I, too, haunt the streets of Atlanta, and I know a ton of good places to get a tall, cold one. Welcome back. Hopefully we can scare up some business! I roam downtown, so shoot me an email or pm if you're out and about down there.

Nick Hiltgen May 16th, 2006 10:26 AM

Chas: Thanks man, it'll be hard to leave L.A. (never thought I'd say that) but sometimes you just gotta go.

Chris: I'll be pretty close to downtown as well, I should have some semi-steady work with a production company that does commercials (though we'll see how that all pans out), maybe I can get the fellow DVI'ers on one or two. But either way your knowledge of places to get a cold one will be invaluable.

Joe Carney May 16th, 2006 10:45 PM

Nick, fair warning, don't pass out when you see really nice housing for under 300K. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. :)

Rob Lohman May 17th, 2006 01:10 PM

Good luck with the move and everything Nick!

Bob Safay May 18th, 2006 05:09 AM

Hey, maybe we should all get together in Virginia-Highlands some afternoon. Bob

George Ellis May 18th, 2006 06:46 AM

Great... Well at least I have time to get better locks... BAH... Brookwood. Go Collins Hill!

Welcome back Nick.

Eniola Akintoye July 13th, 2006 02:16 AM

Welcome back Nick.

Please count me in anytime there's a major project and you guys need any help.

I live in the Duluth area ... yeahh!. Go Collins Hill, 316, i85!!!!

Beth Dill July 30th, 2006 06:48 PM

Hi there Nick,

I too returned to Atlanta after a stint in film school (got my MFA). It was a culture shock going out there and a culture shock returning. I oscillate between Hotlanta and Birmingham, but would love meet all the Atlanta folks and obviously, would be thrilled to be involved in any projects.

Don't forget to say fixin' to!

Beth

Nick Hiltgen July 30th, 2006 09:39 PM

Hey evertyibe thanks for all fo teh kind words, and well wishing. Sorry i dissappeared for a little while (moving and packing kinda stinks), is anyone free this week to get together (maybe thursday night in atlanta, little five area?) I'll try to send out e-mails through DVI to keep everyone in the loop.

Philip Williams July 31st, 2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
Hey evertyibe thanks for all fo teh kind words, and well wishing. Sorry i dissappeared for a little while (moving and packing kinda stinks), is anyone free this week to get together (maybe thursday night in atlanta, little five area?) I'll try to send out e-mails through DVI to keep everyone in the loop.

Glad you made it, yeah moving stinks for sure. You never realize how much junk you've got until you're supposed to pack it all into boxes and move it 2500 miles. I started in Modesto, CA before coming out here and pretty much sold or gave away everything that didn't fit in my civic or a couple of UPS boxes.

Anyway, my Thursday evenings are booked but I could probably free up most other evenings to meet some DVInfo members.

Dangit.. now you got me thinking of CA and I've got the sudden urge for an Anchor Steam, followed immediately by an Anchor Porter... I foresee a Taco Mac visit in my near future...