DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Memphis, TN? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/70229-memphis-tn.html)

Daniel Baker June 25th, 2006 07:56 PM

Memphis, TN?

Hi all, just wanted to see if there are any Memphians about!

Scott Lancaster June 26th, 2006 12:51 PM

I am in Memphis. Welcome.

Daniel Baker June 26th, 2006 10:16 PM

Cool, what line of work are you in?

Jim Exton June 27th, 2006 09:55 AM

I live in Memphis too.

I own a rental company: lonewolfhd.com

I am also making a horror film in about three weeks.

I also work with another filmmaker, Bryan Foshee and Many Hands Films. They are making a collective of short films.

What are y'all doing?

Daniel Baker June 29th, 2006 05:14 PM

Equipment rental, eh?

You'll have to let me know what you have, we were in need of a jib earlier this week. Might (might) need some lights for a shoot comming up.

I just moved back into town a month or so ago, so I'm just barely setting up shop. I have a commercial and a (!low budget!) music video in the works right now.

If you need help with your horror movie, let me know, I'm alwayse looking to meet new people, help out and learn!

****Just noticed your website...I'll check it out!****

Jim Exton June 29th, 2006 05:36 PM

Give me a call tomorrow afternoon at the Lone Wolf #.

When I show up with my equipment for local people I work with, I don't charge anything. You meet a lot of people that way! Especially if it is no budget. If you have money, well.....

I would love to get together with you. I need lots of help on the horror film, right now it is just me and one other guy. It sucks making a feature film by yourself! Although I literally did that one time.

Anyways, I know another filmmaker in town that is doing a little project and we could use at least two more people to help out.

Cedric Akins June 29th, 2006 10:16 PM

Hey this is nice to know. There are other people from Memphis on this forum.

Hey Jim are you working with John Har...? Just to see if you are the same person I am thinking of.

Cedric Akins June 29th, 2006 10:27 PM

Oh hey Jim. I just remembered where I know you from. John Paul's music video shoot at the power station. Hey how did thatfootage turn out. I would love to see some of it.

I got your number from Johnpaul the other day. I am currently in preproduction with John Simpson for his feature film project and I mentioned shooting it in HD and immediately thought of you. ISo I will give you a call later on once I find out what the budget is.

Just one question, if I remember correctly, did you say you had the external drive as well as two PS2 cards?

Daniel Baker June 30th, 2006 01:30 AM

Waaaaaait a minute, I know a John Paul...do you know if he's working as a DP for a short film about a local songwriter?

Jim, I'll try to give a call tomorrow, I'm getting ready to leave town for a week though...

Jim Exton June 30th, 2006 10:24 AM

Cedric - That is where you know me from. When I saw you posted, I knew it was you, I have been meaning to get in touch with you. Please do call me and let me know about the film. I am getting ready to shoot a horror film for three weeks and could use some help.

I have 2 of everything. Right now, one camera is in the shop, but I expect it back in a couple of days.

Daniel - Yes, John Paul did a music video for a local songwriter. Cedric worked on it and I shot some behind the scenes stuff.

Cedric Akins June 30th, 2006 11:23 AM

Great to hear from you Jim. I will call you back a little later today I was interrupted by the electrician. I will also try to get in touch with a couple of other people that I am know and find out if they would be interested in helping out. You never know some one might actully show up.

@Daniel... I hope to meet you once shooting begins.

John P. Clark June 30th, 2006 04:02 PM

lol... wassup guys.

Hey all,

Since I saw my name mentioned a couple times I guess I'll pop in and say hi. Good to see the memphis guys getting something started.

Oh, and for anybody interested, yeah I DP, hit me up if you wanna check out my reel or talk about getting something started.

Peace,

JP

Or go here...

www.jpcine.com

Cedric Akins July 1st, 2006 09:20 AM

Great to see you here John. Hopefully we will get another chance to work together.

Daniel Baker July 7th, 2006 06:07 PM

Hey John Paul!

I helped you all out on the Saturn video with Paul Skidmore...I thought that was you...

Let me know if you ever need any crew help, I'd love to pitch in!

John P. Clark July 8th, 2006 07:58 PM

fo sho, fo sho. I'll keep you in mind. I've got a few things comming up I'll let ya know.