Angers-France at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Angers-France

To anyone in France,

I am an Australian Cameraman / Editor / Film Maker living in Angers France. I'm trying to set myself up as a freelance Cameraman / Editor. Have a few projects on the go but would interested in making contact with any follow Film Makers in this part of the world.

I have a Canon XL1 and an AVID Xpress Pro HD edit suite.
Have a look a my website to got abit more info about me.
Looking forward to hearing from follow film makers.

Regards
Simon Duncan
www.simon-duncan.com
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi there Simon

Bienvenue en France!! Welcome from a former Brit (Welsh actually) also living in this wonderful country...An Ozzie in Angers eh!! bit off the beaten track??....I worked with loads on Fleet Street in London years back... every other snapper I met was Ozzie, Kiwi or Canadian...only ever met French Canadians here since.

I've been in France on and off (mostly on) since 1983... Le Mans, Paris (15 years), Reims and now Lyon. Having worked most of that time as a press photographer, I've been shooting special interest (mostly fishing) videos and promotional stuff for the last 6 years.

I've actually a couple of clients out your way... and there's no shortage of English speakers in that neck of the woods either... some villages are virtually entirely Brit run these days. Lovely part of France mind so who can blame them...would be nice to hear a few speak français.

I'll be near Angers in July shooting a promo clip for a holiday fishing venue.

A bientôt
Gareth
www.anglinglines.com
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Bonjour Gareth,

If you have time it would be great to meet and swap stories. Since I've only arrived in France as of late 2005 and it's all pretty new to me. My wife is French and the family is located in Angers so that is why it is home.
Old June 29th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Si
Not sure how time there will be when I come out your way, as I'll most likely have two shoots in a few days one near Angers & one in Britanny... with a deadline beginning of August... editing included. We have a promotional DVD to get out... debut Septembre... and a couple of new clients who are wavering...so it'll be down to deadlines and stress....

If I get a free evening I'll give you a shout...

But whatever... I'm often out this way so maybe keep in touch...

Regards
G
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Gareth,

See how you go with your timetable. If practical please feel free to give me a call. You can check out my website to send a contact mobile if you want.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Simon
www.simon-duncan.com
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Trustee

Bonjour, Simon!

Comment ca va? J'habite en Nouveaux Jersey, Etats Unis. Bienvenue. One night this week I will open one (of two) bottles of Beaujolais Villages and hoist a welcome glass in your direction. Everything you will ever need regarding film and video production is right here.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood