DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from Pennsylvania... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/70581-greetings-pennsylvania.html)

Michael Prediger April 23rd, 2003 11:34 AM

Greetings from Pennsylvania...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the dv world and to this forum, so I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I'm a 30 year old fashion/commercial photographer in York, PA who is moving into the dv film world. I've always been fascinated with cinema of all types and look forward to beginning my first project this summer. I am shooting with the Panasonic AG-DVX100. Since I've done a lot of digital fashion photography, my lighting skills are pretty good, however, I believe I have LOTS to learn about shooting moving pictures.

The forums here have been immensely helpful with information of all types and I thank all you good folks for helping out those of us with questions. I look forward to a continued dialogue with the community of dvinfo. Have a great day!

Michael

Rob Lohman April 23rd, 2003 11:48 AM

Welcome Michael! Glad to have you with us. A lot of people are
getting "into" the moving images thing, so you are not alone here!

Don't worry about asking questions etc. and good luck on all
your projects! Who knows, you might even help us out with
some lighting questions!!

Matt Stahley April 24th, 2003 08:02 PM

Hello Michael I'm about an hour down route 30 from you. Glad to see a semi local join the boards!

John Locke April 24th, 2003 08:09 PM

York, PA? Doesn't Al Pacino say he's going to transfer to the York, Pennsylvania police force in "Sea of Love" to follow Ellen Barkin and try to win her back?

Anyway...welcome to the boards!

Michael Prediger April 24th, 2003 08:39 PM

John,

Well now I'm gonna HAVE to go rent and watch that again to check!

Thanks for the greetings everyone....I'm really looking forward to collaborating and possibly meeting some of the good folks here!

Michael

Adam VanScoyoc May 29th, 2003 07:10 PM

Hey Michael,
I am down 30 from you in New Oxford.
I am new to this community myself, but I am hooked. There is alot to learn here and I am amazed by the friendly atmosphere.

Have fun!

Matt Stahley May 30th, 2003 09:35 PM

Welcome Adam to the boards im only about 30-45 minutes away from you down 30!

Stylianos Moschapidakis May 30th, 2003 10:08 PM

Welcome, guys! I joined this forum about five weeks ago and "I've never looked back." Great forum!

Michael, good luck on your first "moving" shoot.

Michael Rodo February 15th, 2005 10:54 AM

Back Home in Central PA

It's good be home.... after 14+years in Sunny (Palm Bay) Florida, it was time to head North. Back to Lock Haven, PA. It's cold but boy is refreshing to be back home. I am trying to get established in this area. A lot has changed.... but a lot has stayed the same...

Boyd Ostroff February 15th, 2005 03:12 PM

Welcome back to Pennsylvania.... and welcome to DVinfo net Michael. Great to have you aboard!

John C. Lyons May 30th, 2005 04:44 PM

Hello!! I'm John from Erie PA and I use the DVX100A. Come on in and meet/greet!

Hello everyone,

My name is John C. Lyons, I'm 28, and I am an independent filmmaker from Erie, Pennsylvania USA. My wife and I started up our own company, Lyons Den Productions, at the tail-end of last year: www.the-Lyons-Den.com. I use the Panasonic DVX100A and I absolutely love it!

This year has been good and busy for me thusfar. I completed my latest (long) short film HUNTING CAMP in January and am attempting to self-distribute and promote the 2-disc DVD/CD set.

We have been entering it into film festivals, so I am curious to hear your experiences with the good and bad, I have some of both already (the short has made 4 festivals to date). As well as your experiences and recommendations for getting the word out on your work, DVDs, etc.

If you are interested in checking out HUNTING CAMP here is the website:
www.the-Lyons-Den.com/huntingcamp

The trailer, stills, reviews, etc can all be found in the "MEDIA" section.

I have begun starting work on a new 5 minute short and will start shooting this week, I will post links to that once it's in the can. So what are you all working on?

K. Forman May 30th, 2005 05:19 PM

Hi John, and welcome to the place. I checked out the movie site, and it looked great... maybe just needed some eerie music ;) The trailer looked really good too. Was that shot with the DVX?

John C. Lyons May 30th, 2005 05:47 PM

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the message and for checking out the movie site!

I have been thinking about adding some of the soundtrack music to the site, I will have to run that by the designer (as she's seated right behind me, he he).

Yes, I shot with a single DVX100A.

Walter Hicks June 30th, 2006 08:30 AM

Greetings from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania... USA..... Earth.

I work for the video division of a litigation support and court reporting company. We mainly work in SD shooting on Panasonic DVX100's. We are moving into HD now and this is what drove me here, to tap into the collective minds of DV experts.

Nick Jushchyshyn June 30th, 2006 08:40 AM

Great to see another member from Philly! Welcome aboard!

Just curious .... does your company have a website?

Thanks for saying "Hi".
Have fun!