Hello From Chicago! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:48 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Dan welcome, yea thats not a bad system at all.

I have two of the panasonic-ag-dvx100
pinnacle pro-one
custom built pentium1.8 ystem lacie scsi drives and all.

Hey they are shooting the folow up movie to barbershop in chicago. You should try to go overto the set.

Anyway good luck and keep on editing.
Old October 26th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #32
New Boot

Welcome Dan its good to see Chicago family here. Good luck in your film projects.
Stacy Principle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:22 PM   #33
New Boot

Another Chicago Resident Says Hello

Dear Dan: I just happened to be reading the posts and saw you were from Chicago. I just wanted to say hello. I leave near Cubs ball park. When the team was doing good, I could hear the crowd, and when we were not doing very good, it was very quite. I bought a GL2 in March, 2003. That's what got me started reading the DV Info Net. I shot my first job in March and knew that I wanted to be able to edit it. So I am very slowly trying to learn Premiere 6.5 and I have a matrox 100x add on board. I bought 14 hours of instructional material. I am still on my first 3 hours. I am going to start from the begining on the first 3 hours now that I just finished it. Anyway nice to see that you are from Chicago. My regular work that interfers with my video is being a lawyer. I do Bankruptcy and real estate closings.
Barrie M. Yacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 11:56 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Good choice on the DVX100.
I've got both the DVX100 and the DVC80 and I'm pleased with them both. Much easier to take around than my JVC GY-DV500.
Dennis Sladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 02:29 AM   #35

Is there any Chicago people in the forum??

Is there any Chicago people in the forum??

Just wanting to know if there is anyone in the area that's all.
Old November 10th, 2003, 03:09 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Here I am! Direct from Chicago proper.
I was born here, went to College downtown. And, I'm still here.
Dennis Sladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:11 AM   #37
Inner Circle

Lived in the Chicago area all, well most of my life. My kids live in the area, my wife lives in the area, my dog lives in the area, my mother, sisters, neices, nephews, grandchildren and various other sundry animals in the family all live in the area.

Speaking of Rockford, I'm doing 2 weddings there in the next 4 weeks. I've never done one there and now all of a sudden 2. HMMMMM, is there a special meaning to that?????
Let me consult my Chicago SunTimes horoscopes just as soon as I get done reading about how inept the Bears were yesterday;-0
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #38

I live way up yonder in Andersonville Foster and Clark area. Lived here most of my life went and joined the Marines saw the world came home saw the USA then settled down in Chicago.
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:45 AM   #39
Inner Circle

I grew up around Foster and Kimball by North Park College before it became whatever it is today. There was a CTA bus terminal and an Army reserve artillery post about a block from where I lived, River Park where I played baseball and smoked my 1st cigarette and of course a couple of great Chicago style Hot Dog joints. About 4 black away was the original Chicago Choo-Choo resturant,where they served the food to you at the counter on an HO scale train. It was very cool for the 50's.
Ahhhh, the good old days. (Not really-if they were so good we'd still be living in them).

Foster and Clark, not all that far from the Romainian Deli and the Taffy Apple factory. One thing about Chicago, the food, anything you want.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Don
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #40

Foster and Kimball.....As to the base it is a Marine Corps Reserve Training Center I have worked for Toys For Tots there. As for the area I went to River Park as a kid as it was right across the street from us, I lived in Chapin Hall a children’s home at that time. It's gone now as Swedish Covenant Hospital bought the land and developed when they closed down.
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #41
Inner Circle

Yes, it is now a Marine Reserve base. I forgot they made the change a while ago. I went to Budlong school and walked by the original Swedish Covenant to get to school and had a lot of kids from Chapin Hall and Lawrence Hall in my classes.
Small world Tom.
Don
Old November 10th, 2003, 11:13 AM   #42
Warden

I just spent this past weekend in Chicago and had a wonderful time. Great food, steaks and chops, and as always a great town with very hospitable people. Could only have had a better time if it had been a little warmer. Other than wild horses, I can't think of anything that would get me to go to St. Louis.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #43
Regular Crew

I'm Here too! CHICAGO

I'm actually a home builder with a relentless passion to learn more about DV. Would love to get involved with a project with some other locals and learn more about the craft. Definately willing to volunteer my services for interesting projects. Have Vx2000 & Premiere. Just playing with the stuff for fun right now.

Chicago suburbs.
Bob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Hi Bob,
Welcome to a great forum.
I'm in the NW 'burbs.
Don
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #45
Regular Crew

I'm Here too! CHICAGO
I'm actually a home builder with a relentless passion to learn more about DV. Would love to get involved with a project with some other locals and learn more about the craft. Definately willing to volunteer my services for interesting projects. Have Vx2000 & Premiere. Just playing with the stuff for fun right now.

Chicago suburbs.
Bob Schneider is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood