DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Cameraman/Beginning Editor San Diego area (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/72080-cameraman-beginning-editor-san-diego-area.html)

Adrinn Chellton July 23rd, 2006 03:30 AM

Cameraman/Beginning Editor San Diego area

Hey everyone, I am a 32 year old cameraman and I also have an avid interest in editing. I was in the automotive field for 11 years and wanted to make a change into a less back-breaking profession(I know cameraman is a bit back-breaking, hence I want to learn the editing side more) I have about 5-6 years experience as a camera op moslty as a hobby to build a portfolio. Currently I'm attending community college here in North County San Diego to build my base. I'm not sure how much it will help but I'm getting a certification in Digital Video.

I often do side work around here with various student productions, I haven't had a paid gig yet(who knows) but I am gaining valuable experience, yay. I have a DVX-100a which is getting some good use, most recently the group I frequently work with placed top 5 in the BestFest 48 hrs competition on the college level. I hope one day to edit/shoot for PBS television, I hear that's a tall order but I might as well think positive about it all. Anyways, glad to be here and hope to be a valuable contributor in the future.

Rob Lohman July 23rd, 2006 04:14 AM

Welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net Adrinn, good to have you with us!

Sounds like you are embarking on an interesting adventure. Good luck and all
the best with that.

Adrinn Chellton July 25th, 2006 11:27 PM

Thank you for the warm reception and since this is one of the "loves of my life" I'm sure I'll be around here for a good long while, glad I found DVi !

Charles Larsen July 27th, 2006 01:17 PM

Howdy Adrinn,

I don't live all that far away... in Murrieta (other side of Temecula). I pretty much grew up in Vista (graduated Vista High in '68) and used to work for a software company in Carlsbad.

I'm very new to this entire video thing. I have never owned a video camera before. Signed up for a video editing class at the local community college and purchased the Adobe Production Suite since they teach Premiere Pro. Shortly before classes were to start they were cancelled for not having enough students. Drat!!

Anyway, I've purchased an HVX200 to take pictures of our pet chinchillas. But, I must admit that I am getting very intrigued by this whole shooting video to look like film thing. I have a redrock M2 adaptor that I hope to play with some day.

Right now I'm still trying to figure out how to get the video from the P2 card into Premiere Pro and how to work Premiere Pro. I'd like to learn look into Edius as an editor but I can seem to find a dealer who really knows much about it. They tell me they carry it, but don't really know how to use it.

What editor are your learning now? Are you taking classes at Mira Costa?
Anyway, welcome, and maybe we can get together some time and share what we've learned so far.

John Damberger September 18th, 2007 07:10 AM

Advanguard Productions Extreme Sports

2 Attachment(s)
Specializing in extreme sports. US and Mexico

Aerial Stabilization
Operator for Shoulder mount ENG with gyros
Most economical for tight budgets
Recent work Helicopter to boat, http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/

Steadicam Owner/Operator
Steadicam Flyer 5-15lbs cameras
Glidecam V-25 10-25lbs

Video Equipment:
JVC GY-HD100A high definition video, sony vx2100 3ccd SD digital video camera, SD wireless Video transmitter, Battery powered lighting, 2 Azden wireless lav, mic, shotgun and boom pole, Bogen tripod,and 2 spares cams lower quality cameras for the multi angle one take, chroma-key green screen, car cam.

Demo Reels of recent work:

2006 Projects
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...98040886796049

Steadicam for World Baseball Classic ESPN
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...13812857119550

Tuning2 demo
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62213176122495

Legal to work in US and Mexico. Local San Diego and Tijuana

USA
John Damberger
619 729 1380
johndamberger@advanguard.com

US/Mexico/Spanish
Sergio Rincon
In Mex cell 0446646486081
From US 0115216646486081
Sergiorincon@advanguard.com

www.advanguard.com

Jeffrey Thompson October 9th, 2007 08:02 AM

Filmmaker in Carlsbad

Hi, I'm In North County San Diego...Carlsbad with an office in Encinitas.

I'm a Holistic Physician and make nature films to go with my "brainwave entrainment" soundtracks. These are designed to effect brainwave function and alter states of consciousness for relaxation, meditation, trance, hypnosis, etc. I developed a way to build these brain entrainment pulses in the visual images as well.

Some of my past video work has been in 3-D using liquid crystal eye glasses shutter frames.

jeff

Adrinn Chellton February 22nd, 2008 05:04 AM

Hey John... and Jeffrey, I haven't checked this thread in quite some time. Thanks for replying and I am currently finishing up my editing courses(Advanced Final Cut/Pro Tools and an Avid class next semester) I had to take some time off from college since I'm helping to care for my elderly grandmother right now.

I saved the best classes for last so I can get instruction in the most current versions of FCP and Avid MC. I have done a bit of work now in PP and FCP, mostly student stuff and as a DP/Assist. editor for an Indy feature film that I hope will do well in a festival or two. I'm no guru.... yet, but I'm going to make that my goal in the future. I'll be making a demo reel that's worth looking at soon, when I do I'll be sure to post a link here.

John, your work with high performance autos(and beautiful ladies) looks very exciting and as a steadicam owner myself, I can attest to how much skill and finesse it requires. I only have the merlin+arm and vest system personally. I'm moving more towards HD myself and have to make do with a Canon HG10 right now. I want to get more familiar with the tapeless workflow as it seems the waves of change will soon push tape to the sidelines.

Jeffery, I was brought up with a holistic mindset so I can certainly relate to that approach to medicine. "Brainwave Entrainment" sounds interesting and anything that can alter consciousness without pharmaceuticals is a step in the right direction in my book. I know that in editing, one way to focus attention is to use very quick flashes of white/color to snap attention to certain points in a story, does your work use this technique? In focused therapy I could see it being quite effective. 3-d work is definitely something I'm interested in pursuing as an editor, I have done some study on the subject.

If either one of you, or anyone else for that matter would like to get in contact with me, my email is clipjockey@gmail.com

Cheers

Greg Rutkowski March 8th, 2008 09:00 AM

Hi

I'm in South Orange County California in Laguna Niguel...Nice to see ya.