DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Greetings from Md, Dc Metro Area (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/73237-greetings-md-dc-metro-area.html)

Shannon Hall August 8th, 2006 01:49 PM

Greetings from Md, Dc Metro Area

Hello all, my name is Shannon Hall. I'm a programmer from Gaithersburg, Md. I recently purchased a XL2 and am getting into independent film. I've helped film 2 shorts so far in NC. One was a zombie vinette, and a comedy short about lay offs. looking forward to learning more and contributing to local film. I'm looking for people I can network with, learn more about the trade, willing to trade time and camera for experience. Looking forward to getting to know you guys, thanks!

Kris Holodak August 8th, 2006 03:18 PM

Welcome Shannon. You'll find there's quite a few of us from the metro DC area. I look forward to having you join the conversation.

Smile,
Kris

Jerry Porter August 9th, 2006 06:51 AM

Welcome. I'm up in DC about every two weeks doing something. You're a programmer. People are going to love having a computer geek around because we ALL live and die by the editors and those friggin things break more than anything on the planet.

Shaun Barrows August 10th, 2006 03:57 PM

We are always looking for others

Welcome to the area. My girlfriend and I have just started making some shorts in the District. Our first one is almost through post, and we are starting to storyboard the next project. Right now we are (I really feel like a dork) using myspace to organize. (I know, we're not fifteen anymore).
You can find us at myspace.com/fightmefilms or myspace.com/filmbrawler.
Let us know if you want to help with our projects, or if we can help with yours.
Shaun
shaunbarrows@hotmail.com
Oh, yea, we're both from NC and would love to see the shorts you worked on. Good luck with everything.

Armin DeFiesta August 21st, 2006 05:18 PM

Welcome Shannon. I'm in Bowie, MD. I recently had someone from Sterling VA help me film a wedding since he wanted the experience and it worked out great. I offered to help him out on his next project in return. Best of luck and have fun here!

Phil Orlando August 25th, 2006 03:11 PM

I have a script for a short ready to go

Hello,

I've shot two narrative shorts in 16mm, one video doc in a slaughterhouse, footage was given to PETA. I used to have a PD 150 PAL, sold it.
I'm shopping for a new cam, waiting for those new HDV canon to come out.

In the meantime I have a full feature script that i'd like to shoot, low budget.
And a short.

I'd like to find somebody who's willing to come in with his/her video cam and take credit as DP. I'll direct the short piece.

For the full length feature, I'd be happy to let somebody more qualify than I am, if we find any for free, to direct. I'm very happy to take credits as the writer and help produce it.

The short is ready to go. I have all the location, etc.
I still have Pro Sony monitor, two pro microphones, boom pole, cable, lights, filters, stands etc.
If you're interested email me, I can email the short.
I'm in Greenbelt, MD
Philippe

Jad Meouchy August 26th, 2006 02:23 PM

Welcome to the area! I should say that to myself as well since I just moved back into the No. VA area from college town Blacksburg. Anyway, I'm trying to find a group of like-minded film people to share ideas with. I'll keep an eye on this thread (and the others) and try to make a list of names. There are a lot of capable people here, but not really a central group. Maybe we can start one?

I'm also a programmer :)

Tim Brown August 26th, 2006 04:47 PM

Have you guys checked out:

http://dcfilmsalon.com/

Brian Burns August 31st, 2006 01:26 PM

Welcome. Fairfax County as well (former programmer)

Joe Carney September 1st, 2006 10:39 AM

Yes, welcome to Fairfax and the DC metro area.

Steven Davis September 1st, 2006 10:53 AM

Welcome to the area, and GO REDSKINS!!!!

Joe Carney September 1st, 2006 11:02 AM

phew!!!! Cowboys rule. Deal with it.

Michael Liebergot September 1st, 2006 11:59 AM

Welcome, Im up the road from you in Damascus, MD.

Oh and BTW E-A-G-L-E-S!

Steven Davis September 1st, 2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Carney
phew!!!! Cowboys rule. Deal with it.

Joe you can't live in Virginia and root for the Cowboys, it's against Federal Law.

Joe Carney September 1st, 2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Joe you can't live in Virginia and root for the Cowboys, it's against Federal Law.

LOL, I'd almost believe that. It doesn't help they've sucked so bad the last few years. The big tuna is startin to smell like week old fish and Jerry Jones has had his face tightened so many times he's starting to look like Joan Rivers. But I will always be a Cowboys fan as long as they are in Texas.