Newbe in town at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 12th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Tourist

Newbe in town

Hello all… my name is Steven Orsinelli I am a Digital Film teacher here in Apple Valley CA. I am glad to be a part of your site, I hope to meet some of you and talk about gear and production. Every once in awhile I run into computer edit problems so it will be cool to read your input on techniques. We currently use Applied Magic Screenplay’s digital edit machines for entry level editing, and Mac’s for advanced students using I-movie and final cut express.

The cameras we use are Sony DSR 200’s, and an array of single chip mini DV Panasonic cameras for entry filmmakers. I just bought the one Panasonic P2 HD camera and love it! I have not had too much time behind the wheel on it yet but hope to when the smoke clears from school starting.

I worked in LA during the 80’s on different TV shows in various positions, the Hollywood theatre as a DP/Art Director for pilot shows, 2 Nightmare on Elm Street films in set construction and design. I work on numerous student films in LA as a DP Cameraman, Actor Director Producer PA and more, those of you familiar with non-union student filmmaking know you wear every hat at some point in time. I also worked at Warner Bros on the show The Brisco Kid, Guns of Paradise, and more as a Musician sideman playing mostly fiddle. I had my own production business for years that led me into teaching so that’s who I am

Anyways good to be here…..Steve
Steven Orsinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome to (H)DV info net., Steven! Its great have you aboard!

Might I ask what models of panasonic do you use?
~Gabriel~
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM   #3
Wrangler

Hi Steven!
As long as you're answering questions, I'd like to know more about this, if you don't mind telling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Orsinelli
...more as a Musician sideman playing mostly fiddle.
Welcome to the neighborhood! :)
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Tourist

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Welcome to (H)DV info net., Steven! Its great have you aboard!

Might I ask what models of panasonic do you use?
~Gabriel~
PV-GS35 Single chip...I wanted an (OK) camera for the kids that was mini-DV and had a good image. They do produce a real good image with enough lights but their is no headphone jack and I thought their was when I ordered 4 of them. That is the only down side. Hey thanks for replying, what do you do in production?
Steve
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Tourist

Cool to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hi Steven!
As long as you're answering questions, I'd like to know more about this, if you don't mind telling:

Welcome to the neighborhood! :)
What would you like to know more about, I'll be glad to help in any way?
Steve
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Orsinelli
PV-GS35 Single chip...I wanted an (OK) camera for the kids that was mini-DV and had a good image. They do produce a real good image with enough lights but their is no headphone jack and I thought their was when I ordered 4 of them. That is the only down side. Hey thanks for replying, what do you do in production?
Steve
Thanks!
Right now.... Nothing. I am in the middle of starting. That is why I asked what it was that you used. But once I get a camera I will be experimenting with Nature/wildlife, and indie film making. You'll be hearing more from me in the near future I'm sure.
See you around.
~Gabriel~
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood