Hello from Frederick, MD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #16
New Boot

Shout out from Oella, Maryland

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and getting so much good info I decided to come out.

I just bought a Canon XH A1 and am loving it. My background includes photojournalist and multimedia developer. I recently got laid off and am making the jump to video.

Anybody need a B roll shooter?

Geoffrey S. Baker
Telling Your Stories
Digital Photography and Video Documentaries
www.oellaworks.com
Geoffrey Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Folks,

I'm posting this here because there are a lot of local folks on this string. I'm working on another Audio Bootcamp session and am planning to have the class here (Towson, MD) at my studio.

It's a four hour class devoted entirely to figuring out how to get better audio for your shoots. Bring your gear and bring your questions. I'll go over the required audio gear and how best to use it and how to make it work with your camera; shotguns, hypers, lavs, mixers, booms, levels, mixer/camera calibration.

This is a very hands on/ears on session. Bring your headphones. Last time I did it here we had folks all the way from Richmond, VA and everybody walked away feeling more confidant about their audio.

$150 and that includes a copy of the Audio Bootcamp Field Guide.
http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html

I'm assuming that mid-day weekend would be best, but a 1-5 would work as well. Does anyone have a preference for saturday versus sunday? I have more sundays than saturdays available, but I may be able to find a saturday.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hey everybody, I'm in Bowie, MD. Great to see this thread is still going...

While I'm here, does anyone know of any "urban settings" in the Gaithersburg/Silver Spring/Rockville areas? A friend of mine who's a hip-hop dance instructor has her studio there and wants to do a photoshoot (no video) of her dance class consisting of headshots and action shots. She's looking for settings that have a gritty look. Only thing I can think of are train tracks, graffitti walls, loading docks, run-down streets etc.. I've considered Baltimore and D.C., but would like to keep it closer to her studio IF possible. Any location ideas you may have would be great, thanks!
Armin DeFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM   #19
Trustee

Ty, that workshop sounds very interesting. I'm always interested in learning. Consider me in for a Saturday.
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin DeFiesta
Hey everybody, I'm in Bowie, MD. Great to see this thread is still going...

While I'm here, does anyone know of any "urban settings" in the Gaithersburg/Silver Spring/Rockville areas? A friend of mine who's a hip-hop dance instructor has her studio there and wants to do a photoshoot (no video) of her dance class consisting of headshots and action shots. She's looking for settings that have a gritty look. Only thing I can think of are train tracks, graffitti walls, loading docks, run-down streets etc.. I've considered Baltimore and D.C., but would like to keep it closer to her studio IF possible. Any location ideas you may have would be great, thanks!
Just follow Georgia Ave south below East west highway

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford
Just follow Georgia Ave south below East west highway

Regards,

Ty Ford
Thanks for the suggestion!
Armin DeFiesta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood