DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Newcastle, UK! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/78198-newcastle-uk.html)

Liam Carlin October 25th, 2006 09:53 AM

Newcastle, UK!

Hi all from Newcastle in the uk and wondered if anyone else was. or the north of england in general. be good to hear from you's.

Im currently working as a VJ for the local nightclubs and im now getting into production. havent bought a camera yet but im keeping an open mind and a nothing a little more reading wont help. so far i think it may be the FX1. but still not sure :-(

and Hello to everyone else :-)

Ed Smith October 25th, 2006 11:41 AM

Hey Liam,

Welcome to the boards from the south of england!

Liam Carlin October 25th, 2006 05:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome Ed.

Joe Carney October 26th, 2006 09:24 AM

Welcome,
When I was visiting England, I thought Newcastle accents were the most beautiful accents I heard over there. Especially the women.

Liam Carlin October 27th, 2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Carney
Welcome,
When I was visiting England, I thought Newcastle accents were the most beautiful accents I heard over there. Especially the women.

thats fantastic. its a different story if your from the uk. thanks for the complement on our women. some people say that its very thick the accent. but im glad you liked it.

also what did you think of newcastle?

Joe Carney October 27th, 2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam Carlin
thats fantastic. its a different story if your from the uk. thanks for the complement on our women. some people say that its very thick the accent. but im glad you liked it.

also what did you think of newcastle?

I never went to Newcastle, but met people from Newcastle. For a long time I wrote video based security systems for cruise ships (Princess being one of the lines) and met several woman working at several of the on ship bars(I was on the ship installing the system and training people). I could just sit there and listen to them all night. When I was in SouthHampton and London I ran into several people from Newcastle (Now I can spot it even when watching BBC America) and talked with them and once had dinner with a very nice couple.

For those who don't know, Newcastle accents are very musical and pleasant at least to my American ears. Being raised in the Southern US, there are a few accents with similar qualities.
I also heard some very montone accents which drove me up the wall, don't know where they were from, but they had almost no intonaton when they spoke, almost like a robot or something. Couldn't wait for them to stop talking. :)
For what it's worth, I would love to get up there when I get back over there.