Anyone from West Texas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone from West Texas

Im in the Odessa/Monahans/Midland area not too sure if anyone else does anything other than produce commercials out here for the news stations.
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Timothy,

I went to grad school in Austin and drove through West Tejas several times heading back and forth to California. I gotta say I found the landscape amazing. I always wanted to do some sort of film out there. There's gotta be some great documentary stories out there. Ranchers, oil, wind power, illegal immigration, Marfa. I probably would not have appreciated Tommy Lee Jones' "Three Burials" as much if I hadn't driven through there so many times.

Cheers,
David
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I actually just did a short production out in the Monahans Sand Hills 3 weeks ago. The video turned out absolutely amazing. I actually shot in the same general area where Tommy Lee Jones shot some of his desert scenes from 3 Burials. In addition to great documentaries, there could also be some great stuff for actual movies. My high school was the same high school from Friday Night Lights, the Sand Hills in monahans make for a great Sahara Desert backdrop, and the sunsets are incredible....
www.bandwagonhd.com
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Harry
I actually just did a short production out in the Monahans Sand Hills 3 weeks ago. The video turned out absolutely amazing.

Would love to see the video. Is it online? Definitely lots of locations for filming and inspiration out there.

David
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I cannot post it until sunday after the production I shot it for wraps up, but at that time i will do so.
www.bandwagonhd.com
Old December 17th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Trustee

I'm in San Angelo and have to second everything Harry says about Monahans.

My wife is from Odessa and her brother still lives there so we get over that way on occasion. Shortly after I met her in 1963 she took me out to Monahans and I took some of the first pictures of her on some of the sand dunes. I made the mistake of reloading the camera (35mm SLR) and the light soft breeze apparently blew enough of that fine, fine sand into the camera.

I was cleaning fine sand out for weeks afterward.

Her dad was a pumper for Cities Service for about 35 years before he retired.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood