Hello from New Jersey - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 11th, 2003, 07:33 AM   #31
Wrangler

Just wanted to say hi, as well, to my fellow Jersians. ;)

We should all get together and do a colaborative work.

As for me I've also been supplementing my income doing wedding videography. Regarding videography my true passion is short-film however the wedding work I've been doing makes it impossible to coorelate any effort to film a short. Worst part is the Wedding video business is to lucrative to put on hold, I really need the money to pay off my loans that I used to buy my gear, etc. Mabye all I'll ever end up doing is weddings. Who know's what the future holds.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:10 AM   #32
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Glen Elliott : Just wanted to say hi, as well, to my fellow Jersians. ;) We should all get together and do a colaborative work. -->>>

That would be fun, and something to keep in mind. However my job here at the Opera is going to be very demanding this season, so this will have to wait a little while unfortunately...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #33
Trustee

Thanks!!

Wow. What an enthusiastic response. Can you imagine the scenes we'd get on multiple camera setups?? I don't perport to be an expert on filmmaking by any stretch and pulling resources with other talented Jerseyans might create a project that would seriously make a dent in the independent market. My shortcomings are finding decent talent. I do not know any trained actors. Sure I find plenty of colleagues who volunteer their services but get them to memorize lines? Forget it. What a fiasco. Oh well. Oh, and as far as the wedding videos I do, well, I have a confession: I HATE WEDDINGS!
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #34
Wrangler

Oddly enough I'm not a fan of them either. On the flip side I love editing so I don't mind that particular step in the process albiet the longest and most tedious one. It's just that I couldn't find another way do video lucratively. I spent 9 months in post on a documentary and recieved nothing.....roughly 2 months on a wedding and I make a couple grand- not too bad.

Speaking of my documentary- I mentioned this in another post- my partner submitted it to a Philly Film Festival and it got accepted! It'll be sometime in August. I'll post the details as soon as I get them! Ya'll local folks should come on down and we could have a meet.
Old July 11th, 2003, 05:34 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Hey

Hey Folks,
Well it sounds like you're all eager, and ready to work. I have a few productions lined up that I will need help with. Please, if you're dedicated, hardworking, and interested.... drop me a line... IOoAVEXoOI@yahoo.com

Michael Estepp
Michael Estepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #36
Wrangler

Got the info: Prince Theatre in Philadelphia, Wednesday August 6th Wednesday @ 8:00. Anyone from the area that wants to attend let me know so I can look for you that night!

Call for tickets: 215 569 9700

I'm uploading a 38 meg MPG trailer of it to Ed Troxel's FTP. We'll see if he'll be able to handle the bandwidth for a day or two. If anyone else has any webspace they might be able to lend for a few days to show everyone here the trailer, let me know- thanks!
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #37
Trustee

Glen: What is the documentarey about?
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:15 AM   #38
Trustee

Mike: What kind of productions do you make? I am in the pre-production phase of my own hour long fictional short about auto insurance fraud. It has thirteen characters and locations all over Atlantic County. I have a few professional actors but need more. My pros are a few work colleagues and are eager. Two camera setups would be fabulous. Let me know.
Old July 14th, 2003, 08:16 AM   #39
Trustee

Spelling counts

Glen: That's "documentary" NOT documentarey. That was a typo. I pride myself on grammer and spelling. :-)
Old July 14th, 2003, 09:38 PM   #40
Wrangler

Check and see for yourself- ever hear of the "Wing Bowl"?

www.jetdv.com/scripts/eattrailer.mpg
Old July 28th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Hi guys,

Its good to see that there are lots of people in the area. Im in Morrisville, Pa and I started playing with video editing a few years ago but didnt really get into it till last year.

I have done a few little videos trying to just learn what i can do with the equipment and software. Everything so far has mainly been motorcycle related but im ready to try to work with other subjects now. I have found that I really love this and am trying to find ways to start making money off of it.

Im just happy right now that i have found this site and to see that there are people in the area to talk to about things.

I guess i have to thank a friend of mine for getting me back into thinking about making videos. Check his site out http://www.digitalvideodocumentaries.com/frontpage.html
Paul Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2003, 06:09 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Just another newbie from South Jersey

Hello all. I never fell asleep in front of my PC before. But since I bumped into this forum, I've fallen asleep on numerous occasions reading away. Awesome Forum!

After many years of fantasizing and drooling over the L1, L2, XL1 and XL2, my wife surprised the bleep out of me when UPS showed up at my door with a bulky package from B&H on my birthday. Yes indeed, there was an XL1S with the standard 16x lens inside of this bulky package! Pretty nice huh? Yeah I know I deserve it right? Right.
I'm not in the biz yet but I think I better break in quick or else, know what I mean?
Anyway, I now have this pimped out piece of equipment and I can't decide what to buy next to get the biz rolling.
Oh by the way, what biz? The only business I can think of where money could be made is in wedding videography.
I know there are lots of other things I could get into but I'm a realist or am I? Maybe not. I want to do it all but there aren't enough hours in the day.
Any specific suggestions on what to buy next? A decent tripod, a wireless mic system, an EF adapter? By the way I'd love to get the adapter off the bat so I could use my EOS lenses but I'm not so sure that this should be my 1st purchase.
Also, where else is there money to be made?
Oh before I forget, what do I get my wife to make up for this amazing gift? I know, she's the best.

PS
I have Premiere 6.5, and fairly fast PC w/ DVD burner.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 04:04 AM   #43
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard and congratulations with your awesome gift!

The first piece of advise I like to give you is play with your camera,
a lot! You won't know what you need until you've used it.

That being said, most people at least have a few basics:

1. enough tape (bring plent)

2. more and higher capacity batteries

3. UV filter to protect your lens

4. ND filter to step down if their is much light (lens has also one builtin)

5. MONO and/or TRIPOD

6. Headphone to monitor audio levels

Stick with one tape brand to avoid messing up your tape heads.
Oh, we also have a list here on the site.

Most of what you will need you will discover when using your
camera. For example, the XL1 is very front heavy and demanding
on your hand & arm. A support system might be good for you,
depending on how long you plan on shooting without a tripod
or monopod and your body.

Good luck and welcome to an exciting world!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 05:42 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Here is a link to the last video I did.

Nothing great but its clips of a few things I got on film last year. I managed to get myself into one clip :)

http://homepage.mac.com/f4_daddy/iMovieTheater6.html
Paul Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2003, 08:02 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Thanx for the welcoming and taking the time to reply Rob.
All of these are definite essentials.
Do you or anybody have any suggestions on a sturdy fluid head?
Also, a descent soft case?
Gracias amigo!
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood