Y'all step up and say Howdy - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 9th, 2002, 01:33 AM   #181
Tourist

hello to all from thailand

hello, i am marco,was born in luxembourg <small country in europe>,left at age 14 on a merchant ship. in south-america,i got introduced to indigenous cultures from various nations,now,my main focus is in support of their causes. documentary -film is my field of interest. i am on location in south-east asia and australia for the next 15 month. my camera of choice would be an arriflex super16mm. at the moment i am using 2 pd 150s in pal,pcm-m1 DAT and g4tita.with final cut. i would like to connect with someone ,who could advise me on the ideal<?>field-editing addition<s> to my g4. i heard of "firestore", could i bypass a field-VTR with a unit like that? i am also looking to find a strong but light travel-tripod,fold-up steady-cam, a camera rain ,mud and dust-guard. and some very strong travel-cases. my gear will be exposed to some strong vibrations due to rough road conditions in some of the places. humidity is one of the tough issues to deal with.....i have been filming up in alaska,in the brooks-range at 35 below,and i got the footage i wanted <with a battery-belt under the heavy coat and keeping the camera running,covered in polarfleece....but dealing with extreme humid conditions is no fun at this point. thank you for allowing me to post my joys and troubles here. i have been on the road for 9 month since i left alaska in january and have not met <1>other person with whom i could have shared any info regarding this line of work. so, i found dvinfo...and became a member late last night. thank you again,marco

cordeuroy pillows make funny headlines
Marco Reinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2002, 08:49 AM   #182
RED Code Chef

First of all welcome aboard Marco! You seem to be in a very
interesting line of working and it takes you to some interesting
places too! Great. There are a lot of questions in your post and
I suggest you re-post each question (on its own) in the correct
forum which you can choose for when you click DVinfo.Net
Community up above. Not everyone reads introductions, so posting
each question on its own in the relevant forum will get a lot
more reads on your question. Thank you and good luck with you
decision!

You can best post these questions in Open DV Discussion,
(tripod question goes under Support Your Local Camera forum)
naming them something like:

- field-editing addition needed (perhaps an apple ibook?)
- replacement field-VTR
- humid & dust protection needed
- looking for very strong travel-case

etc.

Good luck!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:37 AM   #183
Tourist

hello Rob,thank you for your kind info

hello Rob,thank you for showing me better ways to reach people at DV i community. i am catching train to malaysia in a short while,will do the changes in a couple of days,thanks again-marco

cordeuroy pillows make funny headlines
Marco Reinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2002, 05:26 AM   #184
ottotune

Welcome aboard!

Sa Wa Dee, Marco! Kuhn subi dee lu? Pom chew Otto.

Obviously I do not have a Thai keyboard Marco and my Thai is getting rusty anyway. I see you are down in the Phuket area. I spent most of my time up in the northern areas around the Burma, Laos, Thai border region above Chaing Mai.

Will look for your questions in other areas of the board.

Good to have you aboard!
Edward Tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #185
Inner Circle

Adrian, I'm just off the beach in South East Florida. What a life to live. Do they have surfing there? We get great surfing when there's a tropical storm off the coast.

Joe C.

You're making me want to go to Japan.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2002, 10:56 PM   #186
New Boot

Aussy freezing in Germany

Hi there i am from australia and a performing artist living and working for what was the summer here in germany based in Hannover.
Am going to make an on the road doco next year about my adventures in this industry.
I have just purchased an MX500 and am starting to climb a very steep learning curve.
I have a G4 apple laptop. for editing and will get hold of final cut pro in the next few months.
I love these boards so much good info i am reading them for hours daily at the moment.
I need any and all advice cause i have no clue but am learning very fast.
I got the mx for size and image quality and budget reasons due to the project i am working on. So any hints on doco styles is also appreciated.

good to be here
looking forward to aussie summer
bb
Blake Barratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2002, 11:36 PM   #187
Major Player

heya blake,

I am in Melbourne :)

Germany sure is cold, especially for an Aussie like us.

If you need any help drop me an email, but i am a PC man, don't know much about macs.

kermie
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2002, 04:45 AM   #188
RED Code Chef

Glad I could be off help to you. And good to have you with us!

Old October 14th, 2002, 06:02 AM   #189
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Blake! As I'm next to germany I know how cold
it can be... brrr... Good luck with your docu!

Old October 14th, 2002, 11:56 PM   #190
Wm. White

Shooting in Tokyo Japan

I am looking for DP's who are good at shooting live concerts! We will be shooting on Nov.18 that 24 for far. I have the XL1s but I will need more cameras for better angles. If you have any experience and are in Japan at this time, cotact me ASAP.

Thanks.

William White
Asian Music Underground
E-mail: amuhome@jcom.home.ne.jp
Tel/Fax 042-332-0319
Old October 15th, 2002, 12:39 PM   #191
murray proska

Sound Post

Hello:

This is my first post with the DV community. I have been working with DV projects at different levels for a couple of years now and have really enjoyed working with independent filmmakers complete their projects.
I manage GM Studios a small personable post production studio in Burbank,CA. We do Protool work primarily for FCP and Avid projects. Often times new filmmakers bring in ideas for sound they would like to have for their picture, without any real idea of the complexity and time involved in making really great audio not to consider the expense.

We put together great sound packages which include sound design, foley,adr, dialogue editng,mixdown and layback. If anyone is interested in pricing or would like to drop by for some sound advice please email me anytime.

Best Regards

Murray Proska
Old October 16th, 2002, 11:10 AM   #192
ChorizoSmells

I just got back 2 hours ago from Tokyo. Shot a swedish metal band at a tiny club in Shibuya called Cyclone. A friend and I went up there, we live in Osaka, shot it with an XL-1 and XL-1s.

I sometimes go up to Tokyo to do video gigs, (fashion shows, Goth events, live bands), if you have the budget for train fare, then I can make it.

John Locke is in Tokyo, he was busy last night so he couldn't make it, Adrian should have his camera back by then from Canon. Get me and my friend up there and you can have 5 XL-1's. I also have the fisheye adapter and that fisheye was great in the backstage stuff.

I shot an autograph signing at a small record store and I used the fisheye the whole time, with the stock lens I wouldn't have gotten usable footage, I also have the .7X wide adapter that I leave on most of the time. My friend used the fisheye off and on during the show and we got lots of great shots, now I have to start editing all the footage. We shot it on short notice so we used a friend's friend and he had a small sony and we put that on the back wide shot.

The asian underground scene is where it's at. I've been submerged in it for the last 9 years in Osaka. Gigs in Tokyo have been at Torture Garden at Club Pylon, a Gothic event at the Liquid Room, a corset fashion show in Shibuya, last night's live show. I'll make it up there again in the next month or so.

If it's not feasible to bring me up, I would still like to meet up with you the next time I'm up there, I'll send you my keitai number
Old October 16th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #193
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Murray! Pretty interesting thing you do! Perhaps
you can answer some audio questions that pop up now and then
around here. Thanks. Good to have you with us!

Old October 16th, 2002, 06:13 PM   #194
Trustee

William, as soon as I know when my camera will be back from Canon I'll give you a ring. If my XL doesn't get back in time and you need someone to shoot stills I can do that for you.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2002, 10:42 AM   #195
murray proska

I'll help how I can

Thanks for the hospitality I'll help as best I can.

Regards

Murray

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood