Y'all step up and say Howdy - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 28th, 2002, 06:32 PM   #211
Regular Crew

Any moviepack user here?

Just got into this forum it looks fine. I have various systems but started using aist extreme by moviepack recently, and have found it ti br a great app. but I would like to contact other users. The availble forums are not well visted.

ric.
Ric Marrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2002, 01:21 PM   #212
Regular Crew

Greetings From Utah

Hello all,

I've been in video production for about 6 1/2 years now, and have an extensive background in audio production. I'm looking forward to picking up some tips and tricks, and hopefully being able to contribute a few. See you on the slopes.

MIDIMan
Old December 5th, 2002, 07:02 PM   #213
Major Player

Hello

Hail to CHS in Glendale, AZ!

<;~)

PS. I like your sig........hehe
Old December 6th, 2002, 11:21 AM   #214
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Midiman. Audio is a section that still expending
quite heavily here at this forum. There are even some extra things
on the near horizon. Good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:45 AM   #215
Regular Crew

Greetings from Atlanta, GA

I just found this board through some search engine (probably Yahoo but I am not 100% certain) and it looks like a site I will be going to every day from now on.
I have interested in film since high school (farther back than I care to remember) when every camera was the size of the professional cameras and now I have moved on to the wonderful Canon GL2.
By day I am a computer programmer and on nights and weekends I work as a photographer/videographer for a local radio station. You would not think there would be much call for a photographer/videographer for a radio station but it tends to keep my busy and I get to travel a bit with them.
I currently have a Gateway PIII 900mhz system with 512M RAM which I use to run Premier 6.5 and Photoshop 7 to do all my work. I am in the process of building a new system that should be state of the art (for about 5 minutes).
Old December 20th, 2002, 12:27 AM   #216
New Boot

hey gary

I live in Macon!!!....I am in pre-production on a short/feature titled "rain", I am in need of a DP for this production if you're interested i'd love to discuss it more with you!!!!
I've tried to sell the story for years but you know how difficult that is so, i've formed Shogun Films and will shoot the sucker myself. Welcome to the community, i'm a newbie myself and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Alonzo
Macon, Georgia
Alonzo Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 06:05 PM   #217
dave ratner

a snowy intro from Ma. and audio question

hi all,
Dave ratner here. a sony vx2000 newbie. I am in longmeadow, Ma where we are in the midst of a mother snowstorm.
I bought the camera to film my highschool kid who is a jazz guitarist and plays tons of gigs.
after reading all the posts I am now real confused about the mic I should when I record him. Why can't it be easy, ya know?
I am awed at the knowledge you folks have and very grateful you are willing to share it.
Happy holidays,
Dave
Old December 26th, 2002, 11:31 AM   #218
Regular Crew

Hi Dave.

A lot depends on how big the venue is, and what kind of sound system is in use. If your son is on stage playing solo, I'd just mic the guitar directly into the camera. If it's a larger group, you might be better off taking a feed from the house sound system. If you could provide some more information about the setup you want to record, I'd be happy to throw in my nickle's worth of advice.

MIDIMan
Old December 26th, 2002, 04:07 PM   #219
Wrangler

Hi Dave...

So, are you in Agawam or Longmeadow? Many years ago I worked at a production company in Feeding Hills shooting local commercials and corporate. It was a long road from there to Hollywood (3000 miles at least!) but I got there eventually!

Welcome!
Old December 29th, 2002, 05:41 PM   #220
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Gary! We seem to be in the same occupation
since I'm also into computer programming professionaly. Glad you
have found this site and most of us check in every day as well!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 09:27 PM   #221
New Boot

Hello All

My name is Doug Sapp, I am retired Coast Guard. I would like to
film documentaries. I am located in Humboldt County California.

Doug
Doug Sapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #222
New Boot

G'day from PA

Well, I’ve only been here for a few days, but I must say I’m impressed. To the owners, very good job on keeping a very professional and educational milieu; to everyone else, excellent, excellent work!! (yes, I’ve been watching sample movie after sample movie with no hope of stopping in the foreseeable future). =P

I won’t bore you all with too much background, suffice to say I’m a biologist + soon to be medical student + [I would like to think] amateur travel doco filmmaker. Basically, I’m here just to learn as much as I can about my new vx2k and the whole production process. Hmmm, that’s about it for now, but I will be specifically looking for people on this site who might have similar interests/filming goals to gather info from … just be forewarned. =)

Cheers,

Dom
Dominik Chrzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #223
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

A Hearty Welcome Dominik!

Good to have you join our community. Your Sony VX2000 is a fine piece of DV gear. I just saw (on the news) some field reporters swinging them around while training for Iraq battle reporting.

We have several folks who specialize in shooting travel documentaries, at least one of which does so professionally. Hopefully you'll have a chance to hook up with them here soon.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2003, 10:07 PM   #224
New Boot

Thanks for the welcome Ken!

looking forward to interacting with everyone on this board, but especially excited that there are other's here doing what i hope to do someday, that is, on a more professional level than i have been able to as of yet.

actually, i have in production now a doco from this past summer, where a friend and i travel australia's cape york peninsula in an old land rover. not the best in terms of technique/equipment, but an adventure nonetheless! hopefully i'll be able to post a trailer soon.

dom
Dominik Chrzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:29 AM   #225
Regular Crew

Fishing Video

Hi, Tobin from Austin...shooting an instructional fishing video this summer in Galveston. Why Galveston...cause if I can catch fish in Galveston I can catch them everywhere else.

Glad to be hear, this is an awesome resource.
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood