Hello from Rhode Island at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 29th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Rhode Island

Hey all, I have been lingering around this and other sites for quite a while now but just don't post too much. I usually just jump on between jobs to see what going on.

I just received my XH-A1 yesterday and felt I should post up.

I have been working for PBS for the past 10 years as an editor, shooter, audio,...etc.

My wife and I make docs on the side. The A1 is my first personal HDV camera and I am loving it already.

I really think this forum is an absolute wealth of information and give props to Chris for all of his dedication. (Also to all of the others who take the time to post).
Scott Saracen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Scott! Welcome....

I love Rhode Island! We have good friends from Providence and they've toured us around your state a number of times...Love it.

How you liking your new camera?
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Nathaniel,
Yeah, Providence has really been built up over the past few years. We are actually starting to get quite a few features and TV series in the area. Newport is also a really nice place. So many different types of areas to shoot.

I have the day off today, so I'm going to put the camera through it's paces. But so far I'm really impressed by the images. (even downcoverted to SD).
I sold my JVC DV5000 for this cam so I was a little nervous about the form factor, but so far so good. (I can run and gun so much easier with it.)
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Major Player

Scott,

Welcome to DVI you should also check out these folks...
The Rhode Island Film Collaborative
http://www.rifcfilms.com/default.htm

They are doing what we are starting to in SECT, getting local independent
filmmakers together. Matching someone with a camera with someone with lights or sound equiptment so all our films are just that much better.

Bill
sectfilm.net
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Bill,
Thanks...we actually have done some stuff with the RI Film collaborative and they were part of the 48 hour film project that we participated in.
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Trustee

in boston but i used to live in RI =). g'luck.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Yi,
How's work in Boston going? Got some colleagues up there that say things are pretty tight right now.
Where in RI did you live?
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #8
Trustee

providence, then kingston near URI but now back in Boston =).

i don't work in the film industry (fiction) because there is no film industry in Boston (that's the joke, ha ha). i'm a project manager in residential/commercial windows fabrication plant in Boston. i'm also going to school fulltime @night @UMass Boston. gonna graduate this june. i can't wait because i can finally use the time i spent in school @night on filmmaking! w00t!

so keep me in mind, we might need to work together one of these days and bring new england out of the woodworks. i think new england is severly under-used as a location for fiction filmmaking. it's the documentary capital of the world (GBH HQ in Brighton) but fiction is nonexistent. lots of tv/film does 2nd unit in around the place but when indoors, they always goback to nyc or hollywood somewhere to film interiors. hell even films like good will hunting, departed had majority of its scenes shot in ny and hollywood *sigh*.

it's like people are either ashamed of the place or because it's 2expensive (gangster teamsters ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood