Greetings from Dunedin, New Zealand at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Greetings from Dunedin, New Zealand

Thought it about time to stick my head over the parapet. For those not Google Earth'ed, it (Dunedin - labelled by one wag on a license plate surround as "Antarticas' Riviera) is almost at the bottom of the South Island.

Been shooting with an XL1s since about 2002 but have been working on going HD for the last two years. Finally got my Canon XH A1 last December and have just spent the kids inheritance tooling up to match the camera - new sound (Senn Eng 100 with lav, ME64 and ME67 and a second receiver) plus a full set of Rycotes to suit, pole, new tracking dolly system, new jib/ crane, new editing PC, new 46 inch Sony X series telly, a Canon HV20 (when available) etc etc etc etc etc.

Sitting here last night watching the results of my last 4 day trip up to "Central" (central Otago - Wanaka, Queenstown etc) over the previous weekend and my partners jaw literaly dropped at the gorgeous images before her. Gotta say I was pretty chuffed as well (told her we should have got a 52 inch, but she didn't want to know).

Now, if only I could get the stuff in focus most of the time I'd be a happy bunny. Oh, and had a crew of 6 to lug all this stuff round!

Got a lot of info off this site in the last couple of years (many thanks, one and all), hope, just maybe, I can offer some back sometime.

Nice to be on board.

Oh, and if there's any locals in the Otago area who want to play "gofer", or, better still, can see to get an A1 in focus, get in touch. This is my prime past time now I'm (semi) retired and this stuff doesn't get any lighter! (nor my eyes any better).

Cheers all.

Last edited by Chris Soucy; April 26th, 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: addition
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Hi Chris, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Sounds like you have some good adventures. Enjoy your stay,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Rob

Boy, you must work some strange hours!

Adventures?

Life is just one long one, tho' as the Chinese curse goes "May you live in interesting times" can get a tad tedious on occasions.

Whatever, thanks for the welcome.

Come on, there must be some more Kiwi videoholics out there somewhere?
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:35 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi Chris,

Otago rocks! I lived in Dunedin for three years during my first stint at uni, 1996-1998. I also spent every winter of my childhood in Queenstown being a ski racer. What a beautiful part of the world!

Speaking of eyes, I'm getting my first pair of glasses tomorrow!

If you and your family ever come to Welly, you're welcome to come over for coffee.

Cheers,
Jess.
Jess Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Well hi Jess.......

A real, honest to goodness Scarfie no less! (for those not in the know -Otago Uni students, cheap apartments, no heating, constantly wearing scarves to keep from hypothermia, ergo - scarfies).

Thanks for the invite. If (er, when) I ever get out of here "oop norf" I'll drop you a line. What's your paticular type of video poison?

Skiing eh? Always fancied it, but (young) years of having knee caps used for target practice playing rugby put paid to that, never were the same.

Thanks for the Hi.
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #6
RED Code Chef

Chris: I'm in California at the moment, so was posting during the day hours :)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Warbirds Over Wanaka - heads up, guys and gals!

For anyone of an Antipodean persuasion, you might want to check out my post in the "Helping Hands" section about this event.

It's open to all comers, of course, but for Antips in general and Kiwi's in particular, it could be the chance of a lifetime.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood