Hola from Sunny San Diego! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 15th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Tourist

Hola from Sunny San Diego!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to participating in this forum. I just got into the wedding videography business and have relied on many posts here for info on gear and post effects. I'm not new to tv production but I am fairly new to DV and new media production so I'm looking forward to learning more and also contributing when I can. I'm a one-man shop and am looking forward to developing some connections in So CA so we can help each other out. If there's anyone in SD or at least So CA that would like to work together, let me know. Again, great forum here and I'm glad to be a part of it!
Craig Balben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome Craig--

Can't wait to go there for the annual Comic-Con in July! And spend time at the bay, as well.

Good luck and have fun with your business!

--Jeff
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Craig,

I'm up on Carlsbad and own (2) Sony HDR-FX1 camera's. I typically do live band events. If you ever have a job and need some help, I might be a fit.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Tourist

I forgot to say that I own a Canon XH A1, Sennheiser wireless mic and receiver, Mac that I run FCE HD and am in the process of securing some funds to purchase a camera light and monopod.

Jon: I am currently looking for someone for my own wedding on 7/7/07 just to videotape. Obviously, I'll edit the footage myself but I'm willing to share the reel so you would have wedding footage for your website, if needed. Also, I might need some assistance (at least a 2nd camera) for a wedding I'm shooting in November.

Jeff: which character do you get dressed up as? Yes, it gets crazy in the Gaslamp for Comic-con!
Craig Balben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Craig--

Congrats on your wedding! It could be a crazy wild time, but remember to have fun (cause the wedding only lasts for a day, but you'll have the rest of your lives together :).

Nope, no dressing up. Been going for more than a decade (only missed one year in 2005, when I got I married!), and never ever dressed in a costume. Not a die hard costume person, but enjoy all the others wearing them. Actually, the "best" one I saw a few years back was someone wearing Princess Lea's cinammon buns wig; then the person turned around and it ws a man with a short beard carrying the souvenir bag! Yikes! Shoulda taken a picture :)

--Jeff
Jeff Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Balben View Post
I forgot to say that I own a Canon XH A1, Sennheiser wireless mic and receiver, Mac that I run FCE HD and am in the process of securing some funds to purchase a camera light and monopod.

Jon: I am currently looking for someone for my own wedding on 7/7/07 just to videotape. Obviously, I'll edit the footage myself but I'm willing to share the reel so you would have wedding footage for your website, if needed. Also, I might need some assistance (at least a 2nd camera) for a wedding I'm shooting in November.

Jeff: which character do you get dressed up as? Yes, it gets crazy in the Gaslamp for Comic-con!
Craig,

I may be able for you in July but that happens to be a pretty busy month on the weekends for me too. What have your plans been otherwise and where are you getting marrried? Also, congrats on that wedding.

Good news on the A1 as my two HDR-FX1's shoot similiar video. I actually also have access to an A1 via my father who purchased one for his school but I have use of it if I can get it from him (he lives in Pine Valley but is in San Diego often). I'm not really looking to get into the wedding thing necessarily but if it can provide some extra income and I can lend my experience (semi-limited) and equipment, I'm game..

Email me directly if you want to open a dialogue at jon -at- inboxemail.com

Thanks Craig...
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #7
RED Code Chef

Hi Craig, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us!

I love SD :) Beautiful place!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood