Hello Cleveland!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 28th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Hello Cleveland!!

Hey all,
I'm officially putting my name out there. I want to get together with other Cleveland film/video makers. I've got the creative itch and want to do something with it.
So far, my video experience is limited to TV/Journalism class in H.S. (but that was 10 years ago...) and a few videos that I've done for the company that I work for (youtube.com/truckaccessories). Yeah, they're not the best, but they are getting better. But enough about that silliness.
You know what? I think people stick too much stuff in these posts sometimes. So, if you live in or near Cleveland, Ohio and maybe want to get together sometime, or if you have a group and would care to invite a new person to check it out, hit me up.

Thanks!
Will
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Still here in Cleveland!!

Yo, I'm still here in Cleveland. Contact me to network or something.
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Hi Will, welcome aboard DV Info Net. While I'm not from Cleveland, it is good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Mahoney View Post
Hey all,
I'm officially putting my name out there. I want to get together with other Cleveland film/video makers. I've got the creative itch and want to do something with it.
So far, my video experience is limited to TV/Journalism class in H.S. (but that was 10 years ago...) and a few videos that I've done for the company that I work for (youtube.com/truckaccessories). Yeah, they're not the best, but they are getting better. But enough about that silliness.
You know what? I think people stick too much stuff in these posts sometimes. So, if you live in or near Cleveland, Ohio and maybe want to get together sometime, or if you have a group and would care to invite a new person to check it out, hit me up.

Thanks!
Will
Flicker Cleveland might be something you would want to check out. If you google Flicker Cleveland you'll probably get the correct hit.
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi from Girard, Ohio

Hi Will,
I'm from Girard and occasionally make it up to Cleveland (mostly to go to Theater Square for shows). I work in DV, doing mostly church videos and some College recitals for friends. I haven't moved into HDV yet, but hope to soon. If you are interested in talking sometime, send me a private message through this site. -- Bob
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for the hello!

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I finally got someone from Ohio to respond! What cams are you using right now? I'm just doing DV work for my employer and the only cam we have is a Canon ZR85. Yes, very low end. But we're just getting started with video here.

Do you work in DV, or is this just something you do on the side? I mean, what is your profession? Do you do any personal/creative work (short films) or only work for others?

I was just given the chance to do video work here about a year ago and I am really falling in love with it. This might not only be a future profession of mine (if they keep sending me to school and letting me learn), but a really great hobby. I'm excited for the future.

Tell me about yourself. What's another northern ohio person doing with their video work? What equipment do you use?
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Will,
I only work in DV right now, but hope to move to HDV soon. I have two camcorders, a Canon GL1 and a Sony PDX10, and have used various Panasonic camcorders and a Sony PD150. I edit with Avid Xpress Pro HD, encode with Procoder, and author to DVD using DVDit.
I retired early from General Motors and hope to get part time work in the video or photography fields, which are my hobbies.
I mostly produce DVD's of church productions for my church, and have done a couple of videos of college music performance recitals for friends. I'm strictly amateur with no intention of starting my own business.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hello Will

My name is John Ray. I live in Columbus though. I have a partner and we do work mostly in and around the Columbus area but will travel. Our current gear includes 2 XHA1s, an XL2 and a GL2. Mics include RODE NTG-2, and NT4(2each). Bogen tripods, an Alesis HD24 HD recorder, Presonus and Focusrite preamps and Neumann TLM103 and RODE NTK studio mics as well as the obligatory Shure 58's and 57's. We've done several live concerts for many of the top local gospel and jazz artists. Some corporate events for the Columbus Urban League, Chase Bank, OSU, The Michael Redd Foundation, The Mark Baker Foundation, and The King Arts Complex. A couple of music videos and of course weddings. We both help out with video production at our church and that's where we hooked up with each other.We have a website at www.fulrayproductions.com. This is not our full-time gig...but maybe one day....:-)
John Ray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood