Hullo from Portsmouth, UK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 4th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hullo from Portsmouth, UK

Just to say thanks to all the posters on this board, its been an invaluable resource whilst I get a production company started. The vast quantity of exceptionally skilled, experienced people in one place is astounding.

Whilst I am not the camera wrangler, as the primary live video mixer/overlay monkey I basically have to deal with pretty much everything from acquisition to encoding (out to web for broadcast) although we do have a full time NLE to tidy up my sometimes (read most of the time :) ) less than perfect productions into nice shiny packageable material for sale to TV stations.

Once again many thanks to all.
Gregg Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi.

Small world ?
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Gregg, John ...

I'm from Pompey, but I've emigrated to Fareham (Titchfield really ... but not many people know where it is !).

I am a camera/steadicam wrangler who despises editing - but I do it anyway.

Gregg, I agree with you about the quality of expertise on these forums - I've learnt so much in just a few weeks. Just hope I can chip in with something relevant/useful once in a while.

Cheers

Tony
Tony Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

John, it really is, I keep meeting people at trade shows from the area. Does that mean were at the cutting edge around these parts?

Tony, I actually live in Portchester, just round the corner from the Seagull Pub, like you have found people seldom know where the 'burbs are in relation to the cities.
Gregg Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Didn't realise there was a healthy Portsmouth contingent here - greetings from Denmead!
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:30 PM   #6
Regular Crew

If Portchester and Titchfield can count as Portsmouth then I guess Denmead is OK too - welcome to the club.
Maybe we should get together in the Seagull sometime !

Tony
Tony Neal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood