checking in from Idaho - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:22 AM   #16
Trustee

Welcome, Woody

Our local station televises their city council meetings and believe it or not, the broadcast diseminates alot of good information to those who cannot leave their homes to attend those meetings. With a multicam setup and switcher you can have a decent looking production.

Ever watch the Weather Channel? They show these little vignettes about how homeowners can Winterproof their homes and cars, how to keep bugs off their plants and any other neato community service announcements you can come up with to reach out to the community to "think globally but act locally."

Not much, really (I am drinking green tea and not my usual Turkish coffee so I do not believe my mind is as sharp as it can be) but I hope this helps.(!)
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #17
Trustee

Hey Woody, I graduated from U of I back in 1981. I know that the EPA is doing several major cleanups in northern Idaho. How about doing some spots on those, such as a site tour and interviews with Fed and State workers that are working these sites. I know they are working Kellogg. I can get you contacts with the EPA and CDC working that area. Let me know. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM   #18
New Boot

Hello from Idaho Falls Idaho

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello and what a great site this is! Thanks much to Chris and everyone else that keeps it going! I got my start in audio production and have done that for the last 12 years. I always wanted to get into film but it was a fleeting dream until recently with the advent of cheaper DV acquisition. This site and it's members have been invaluable to helping make a long lived dream come true, I thank you all and look forward to being here!

Jason McMurtrey
Jason McMurtrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM   #19
Major Player

Welcome aboard (H)DV info net! Its always great to have new people here.
I just recently started myself and and would not be where I am without the help of the fellow Dvinfo'ers.

What kind of video do you think you would like to get into?
Nature, Indie films, Holly wood, etc?

Can't wait to hear more from you! And do not be afraid to ask around!
~Gabriel
Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM   #20
Wrangler

Hi Jason,

It's so seldom another Idahoan comes around these parts I just had to chime in with a big welcome! Have a great time pursuing your dreams. :)
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #21
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
Welcome aboard (H)DV info net! Its always great to have new people here.
I just recently started myself and and would not be where I am without the help of the fellow Dvinfo'ers.

What kind of video do you think you would like to get into?
Nature, Indie films, Holly wood, etc?

Can't wait to hear more from you! And do not be afraid to ask around!
~Gabriel
Hi Gabriel, Nice to meet you! I'll be putting forth most of my focus into independant film. Im a hair away from getting the Redrock M2 for my camera and so im pretty excited to start getting some work done and edited. Im using the Adobe suite for all my editing and the AG-HVX200, an amazing piece of gear. It was the fastest $8,000 i have ever spent on gear, coming from audio production I threw around a lot of money, but not like this lol I remember thinking that the Korg Triton was an exspensive synth, but that's ok, im just glad to have gear and a good start into something I can really be artistic with. It will be a nice break away from music and into something fresh, I still compose music, but now it will be for the benefit of film. What kind of work are you doing if you don't mind me asking?
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #22
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hi Jason,

It's so seldom another Idahoan comes around these parts I just had to chime in with a big welcome! Have a great time pursuing your dreams. :)
Hi Lorinda, It's very nice to meet you! Definately not too many Idahoans lol But im happy to be here and can't wait to share and learn. Im looking forward to my time spent in the realm of DV :)
Old January 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #23
RED Code Chef

Hi Jason, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #24
Major Player

Thats great to hear!

I do Nature/Wildlife Videography and Indie films. I have only shot for three different things so far, but I plan on doing more in the near future.

And if you where wondering, I use the Canon Elura 100 minidv camera, and Imovie for editing. You can view some of my stuff at my website.

Have fun!
~Gabriel
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #25
Trustee

Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McMurtrey
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello and what a great site this is! Thanks much to Chris and everyone else that keeps it going! I got my start in audio production and have done that for the last 12 years. I always wanted to get into film but it was a fleeting dream until recently with the advent of cheaper DV acquisition. This site and it's members have been invaluable to helping make a long lived dream come true, I thank you all and look forward to being here!

Jason McMurtrey
Glad to see another Idaho poster to DVInfo.net. I thought I was the only one! But then again, I stick to the Wedding & Vegas forums, so unless someone posts there, I won't find them.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #26
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson
Glad to see another Idaho poster to DVInfo.net. I thought I was the only one! But then again, I stick to the Wedding & Vegas forums, so unless someone posts there, I won't find them.

jason
Thanks much for warm wlecome :) Yeah Idaho is great, wouldn't ever dream of leaving. It's nice to know there are others here doing work in DV :)
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #27
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
Hi Jason, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!
Thanks much Rob, really glad to be here! I've learned a lot from the community already and can't wait to learn more :)
Jason McMurtrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood