DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   checking in from Idaho (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/985-checking-idaho.html)

Lorinda Norton February 16th, 2002 10:07 PM

checking in from Idaho

"Dreams and motivation...in equal portions"

I just read that from Chris Hurd on another thread and got a surge of hope. After my first solo "shoot-to-final" attempt didn't turn out so well I was feeling kind of low. Thank you, C.H.

I'm actually an amateur singer/songwriter who befriended an audio engineer in town over a year ago while recording. He mentioned something once about how much fun it would be to get into video production. One idea led to another, and hopefully, a partnership specializing in music videos is born! We've almost finished our first mv (freebie) and have had an absolute blast in the process.

He's got the creative talent, the audio expertise, and the techie-brain; I've got the money--what a deal! What I didn't count on? Falling in love with the whole video idea and the XL1s (after extensive research, going back to the Watchdog I don't know how many times).

A big part of the fun has been going back and forth with the pleasant people in the DVi community on video and related subjects. Granted, it doesn't take much to thrill an Idahoan (just kidding) but this forum is great.

Now if we could just come up with a name for our company!

Lorinda Norton

John Locke February 16th, 2002 10:31 PM

How about "DMEP Productions"?

("D"reams and "M"otivation in "E"qual "P"roportions)

No? Okay. Just an idea...

;)

Lorinda Norton February 16th, 2002 11:03 PM

Ha! Not bad at all, especially considering some of the names I've come up with and rejected. Maybe that can be the one I pin to my wall as a reminder? Thanks!

Paul Brand March 16th, 2004 02:57 PM

Hello from Idaho

Just thought I'd see if there are any other folks in the North Idaho/ Eastern Washington / Western Montana/ Southeastern BC area doing video. There's a few guys here in Coeur d'Alene that I've met and worked with, but it's good to have more contacts, since finding help or replacement gear around here can be difficult in the middle of a project.

I do mostly editing for teaching videos for VHS duplication and DVD authoring of the same titles. Our new stuff is mostly shot on DVCam, but we sometimes rework from Betacam masters. 20 years ago I was a TV news cameraman for a local CBS station in North Dakota, then I went into computers and just got back to doing production in the last couple years.

Hope it's spring in your world!
paul

Jeff Donald March 16th, 2004 03:10 PM

Hi Paul and welcome to DV Info. There are some members from the areas you mention. I used to live in Bozeman, MT and I know of a member from Nampa. You might want to edit your profile to show what city your from.

And yes, it's spring in Florida, almost was in the 80's today. Spring should hit Idaho in what, 3 or 4 more months?

Paul Brand March 16th, 2004 03:31 PM

Hi Jeff,

Bozeman's a nice place. I have a cousin there. I grew up in ND, and they have summer there for 1 or 2 weekends a year. I like it here because you can enjoy the seasons. Its been in the 50's near 60 so spring isn't far away!

paul

Travis Cossel April 1st, 2004 08:27 PM

Hello from Boise. I have a few weddings in the McCall area this summer, but that's probably as close as I'll get to 'your neck of the woods'.

Lorinda Norton April 2nd, 2004 02:21 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald :
And yes, it's spring in Florida, almost was in the 80's today. Spring should hit Idaho in what, 3 or 4 more months? -->>>

As usual, Jeff, you crack me up. Rub it in, why don't ya! :)

Hi, Paul & Travis!

Travis Cossel April 2nd, 2004 02:36 PM

Hey Lorinda,

I actually live in Nampa as well. And regarding spring in Idaho Jeff, you should know better having lived in Montana. There are only two seasons in the northwest: winter and summer. d:-)

Joa Harrison July 24th, 2004 12:26 PM

North Idaho newbie

I'm up here in Sandpoint, ID. I have just a tad of video experience and a fair amount of still experience.

Here's the deal... I'm a pilot with a small plane and want to learn techniques for aerial videography. I would be very interested in learning from someone in N. ID or E. Washington that has a quite bit of experience with video. Preferably if they shoot with a XL1 since that's what I'm leaning towards. Though maybe a DVX100, I'm still researching.

If a local wants to shoot out of my plane (which is a tandem with large windows and is excellent for photography) I would be happy to fly for some scenic aerial shots in exchange for some gas money and of course education. I fly for fun every couple of days anyway so it would be goodness.

Anywho, I enjoy reading this forum and look forward to learning lots :)

Joa

Joa Harrison July 30th, 2004 08:37 PM

Just got back from Oshkosh and ran across this site...

http://www.planetpoint.com/elma_garcia/garcia8.html

Now that's what I'm talking about with aerial footage! That Elma Garcia makes quite a commercial.

Joa

Bob Safay July 31st, 2004 04:30 AM

Joa, welcome aboard. This is really a great site. I did my Masters in Moscow at the U of I. Loved it there, just a little to cold for me. Actually, I moved there from Belize Central America. Talk about culture shock. Bob

Joa Harrison July 31st, 2004 09:34 AM

Cool, yaa, I graduated from U of I as well (mechanical engineering). Paid a lot of my way through college with my still camera and took a video class for fun (mainly to have access to the equipment so we could shoot skiing :). Fun class.

Joa

Bob Safay July 31st, 2004 05:27 PM

Joa, I was in Forestry and entomology, lived through Mt. St. Helens. Graduated in 81 at 30. Loved it. I am now in Atlanta. An video as much as possible.

Woody McEvers December 19th, 2005 03:24 PM

Govt TV Idaho

Yo folks,
Iam a City Councilman from Coeurd'Alene, Idaho
Was wondering if any of you folks have any history with Govt. TV ?

We are tring to creat value for our city broadcasting station, Council meetings,
P & Z meetings, Parks & Recreation etc.

We have created a couple of productions around snow Removel and Leaf pick-up for our citizens, mostly info on the how we do it and what they can do.
We are using the basic music library, but it is starting to sound all the same.

Would really appreciate any ideas. thanks, Woody