Old Film Accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 25th, 2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Old Film Accessories

My wife dragged me to a barn sale this morning. Lots of real garbage there, but I did find a few miscellaneous film containers, etc. Anyone have an idea how old they are? Thanks!!

Kirk

Accessories
Kirk Messner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:17 PM   #2
Warden

I remember the yellow and green containers from the early, mid '60's. They were gone by the late '60's. The blue movie film can, can still be purchased today. My father-in-law had his films spliced from the '50's in cans that color. Ansco film was pretty popular until the late '60's, early '70's. These are really just guess. I hope it helps.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jeff. I din't really need this junk, but I got about six each of the Kodak and Ansco containers, plus eight of the film cans for a buck ! They should be good for storing something in my shop. One of the cans has a full reel of film.

I also got a bunch of old slides from 1961 of some mountain landscapes, kids at Christmas, etc. I wonder if I own the copyright to these slides now :)
Kirk Messner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 10:32 PM   #4
Major Player

My dad was a news photographer for years and I remember the little screw top Kodak cans (however, I remember them being all silver - late 60s and early 70s I think).

Being the degenerate teenager that I was, I used to wash out the containers and put bourbon in them and carry them to school, attached to my camera strap. No one ever asked me what was in them!

Of course, it makes me sound like I was an alcoholic, but I only did that a couple of times (Christmas parties, last day of school, etc.), during my senior year. They actually made me a popular guy!

I suppose it's kind of like tying a pork chop around a kid's neck to get the dog to like him!!!
Old May 25th, 2003, 11:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I suppose it's kind of like tying a pork chop around a kid's neck to get the dog to like him!!! -->>>

That is a very cool statement! :-) Too bad I never thought of doing it when................
Sandy
Alexander McLeod is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media