Anyone ever heard of... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old August 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone ever heard of...

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/ ? I found this today and they seem WAY too cheap to be legit. I'm wondering if they robbed a truck or something. I tried contacting them with questions about pricing and how they could undercut by SO much. They haven't replied. Seriously, though, check their pricing on the camera you just bought. You'll be sick.

Sorry if this was in the wrong posting site
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Sprinkle View Post
http://www.bestpricecameras.com/ ? I found this today and they seem WAY too cheap to be legit. I'm wondering if they robbed a truck or something. I tried contacting them with questions about pricing and how they could undercut by SO much. They haven't replied. Seriously, though, check their pricing on the camera you just bought. You'll be sick.

Sorry if this was in the wrong posting site
Don't even bother. Check their ratings.

http://www.pricerunner.com/retailer/17494/reviews

Buy from one of our sponsors!

Mike
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey thanks! Now I know (and knowing is half the battle)
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Inner Circle

and I repeat...
IF the price is too good to be true... it probably is.

I "ordered" from the place you mention (they seem to pop to the top of all the search engines...), never saw a camera, and that was MONTHS ago... don't expect to EVER see a camera from them.

The ONLY regret you should have is NONE - if you bought your gear at a decent price from someone who actually had legitimate quality product, pat yourself on the back and go shoot a great video!

Most of these "entities" are out of what appears to be a legal black hole in the NY area... where none of the otherwise acepted "consumer protection" laws apply... bait and switch, perfectly fine... sell you grey market goods, you betcha... advertise prices that they couldn't honor in a million years, sure, no problem... sell you a "bare cam" cheap, "high pressure sell" all the accessories back at 2-3X their fair value, every time... I even had one tell me I was buying the "shell" of a brand new cam at the advertised price "for repairs" - if I hadn't heard it with my own ears, I wouldn't have believed it... perhaps even as you say the items "fell off a truck" in some cases.

It's like a guy offering to sell you a Rolex out of his trenchcoat pocket - RUN!

Buy from the vendors that support this forum, or a venor who is otherwise legit and doesn't make you feel a bit like you're "stealing" the "deal" - there's a reason your common sense says something is amiss... and NO you won't get a camera at the advertised prices, just in case you're still wondering.

The funny thing is these places still "advertise" heavily on the internet, so I guess somehow they sucker enough people in to stay in biz...

I like a "deal" as much as the next guy, and hey, I spend time on "the world's largest yard sale" site... but you have to use your head!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media