Lady X Begins Her Journey! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 1st, 2003, 10:28 AM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Lady X Begins Her Journey!

It's June 1st, the day that Lady X begins her worldwide journey of mystery and intrigue!

Be sure to stop by the Lady X Films to catch the first episode by John Locke in an "undisclosed location".

-Ken Tanaka-
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 10:46 AM   #2
Major Player

All i got to say to John, is well done, i think for the time span, talent and limitations it was a really cool piece.

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 01:35 PM   #3
Major Player

John,

Fantastic job! Without a doubt you have set the bar for the remaining episodes. The use of that helicopter was over the top! Now you have me re-thinking my entire script.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Wrangler

John, nice work!
Old June 1st, 2003, 07:19 PM   #5
Trustee

Wicked stuff guys. Can't wait to see the rest...

I like the slow mo, black and white, rotoscope style, 360 degree effect (As best I could describe it) near the beginning.

Ahh, if only I could have found some other people... ;)

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:00 PM   #6
Trustee

Good stuff. It'll be interesting to see how we all handle our Lady X's looks. I guess on top of all her skills, she'll be a master of disguise, able to change her ethnicity at the drop of a hat! That Lady X - she's good!

Can't wait to see the next one! Got lots of inspiration from yours, great job John.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:10 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Good job John. The pacing was definitely there. The only thing that seemed weird to me was the director talking over the PA system. To me it didn't seem to fit, but wasn't bad. Nice work :)

Ken, or whoever is running the Lady X site. Would it be possible to maybe put a link to download the movie under each episode on the episode list page? For some reason Internet Explorer (PC) and Quicktime never seem to want to play nice with streaming media. IE locked up 3 times before I could finally and quickly use the link to download it. Thanks and I can't wait for the upcoming episodes!

matt
Matt Betea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:58 PM   #8
Major Player

Duuuuude *thumbsup*. Man I wish I had the resources I now have (financially) to do an episode... But, my hands are tied. Maybe there will be a sequel, or something.

Excellent work John, I can see you're going to have a lot of fun with that V8 in the future!

I feel inspired.
Old June 1st, 2003, 11:51 PM   #9
Major Player

wow....gasp

Great work John !

Her nails must of cost a fortune <;~)
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:13 AM   #10

Maybe we can coax John into telling the funny story of how "Take 1" of that fish market chase sequence went.

-Ken-
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 03:24 AM   #11

Gee...thanks everybody!

I've been in postpartum zombie-dom since putting it online yesterday and these are the first feedback I've read. You've made my month.

Matt, we can probably arrange something. We'll have a pow-wow about it.

"Respect mah auth-or-it-ay." LOL... Alex and Aaron, better save this for a future "Lady X in Birmingham" episode.

Andrew...you said it! I'm in love with the V-8 now. Obviously I need a lot of practice, but at least it'll be fun in the process.

Dan... just cheapo paste-ons from a discount store. Around $5, I think. Do they look real? I was hoping they wouldn't look like cheapo paste-ons.

And Zac, Paul, Dylan, and Imran...thanks for the nice comments.

As for Ken's request...here goes-- I was a bit worried about the "bad guy" running around with a pretty real-looking pistol, so I told him to stick close to me, and to put it away between takes. He said, "Okay, okay" and so I figured we were on the same page. My thinking was that since I'm a "gaijin" and wearing a V-8 rig that people would actually notice me first, then wouldn't be alarmed by the guy with the gun.

After explaining that I couldn't run full speed and that he'd have to slow it down a bit, we got ready for the very first shot--where he runs the full stretch about two blocks, then does the turn around and comes back. I said, "action" and FOOM! He was gone! I think he might have actually broken the Olympic record for "200 meter dash with a weapon."

He must've been really wired because he took off so fast, I didn't even get one step. I just watched him run and run and run...all two blocks...and flashing the gun the whole time. I was just waiting for the police to shoot him and then come back and arrest me.

But this is Japan...and instead of alarm, people just watched him pass with a "Was that a guy with a gun...and by the way I'll take 500 grams or red snapper" attitude. So, no worries.

P.S. By the way..."helicopter schmelicopter"...I can't give anything away here...but you guys aren't gonna believe what "prop" is coming up in Episode 2 by Steffen Werske. Blows my helicopter away.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:36 AM   #12
Trustee

Wow, a prop that'll blow away a helicopter? Are we all going to have to start one-upping one another on the props? By the time we get to Episode 10 someone's going to need to blow up a car or two, and by the final episode, someone's going to get LadyX to glide in on a Space Shuttle.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:43 AM   #13

Blow up a car? Shhhh. Dylan might be listening.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:22 AM   #14
Wrangler

Nice...

I'm with Lady X on this one; Black jelly-beans are sick!

-Nori
Nori Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:57 AM   #15
RED Code Chef

Episode 2 is in the compression stage

Great episode 1 indeed. At this moment we are working on getting
episode 2 ready for next weeks airing. And you thought you
had a quite summer when all the shows are on hiatus, no
such luck I'm afraid!

Now, John, tell us about the real/fake(?) gun... How did you
get a hold of that (or made it perhaps)?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media