DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   I'm in Orlando June 17-28 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/10518-im-orlando-june-17-28-a.html)

Dylan Couper June 5th, 2003 04:27 PM

I'm in Orlando June 17-28

Hey for all you Floridians who are in the Orlando area (and who missed my first Florida thread), I'll be there from the 17th of June to the 28th. We'll be on a tight shooting schedule, but I'm going to try and make a few evenings free to meet up with anyone in the area. Hopefully I'll wrap it up with a day or two to spare, grab a rental car, and road trip around.

Soooo, if anyone here wants to meet up for a Coke, Bud, Sauza, Evian or whatever, let me know.

I'll be staying at the Wellesly Inn on Commodity Dr. which is near the Florida Turnpike and Hwy 423 (if that's worth anything to y'all). It's 7 miles frrom Orlando Intl. Airport, 2 mi from Sea World. Turns out the house I was going to stay in is livingroom couch only.

If anyone knows the area, and can suggest some good (and reasonably priced) restaurants, clubs, sports bars, or other hot spots to blow off steam after a 12 hour shoot, I'd appreciate it.

My e-mail is the_klenzer@hotmail.com and I'll be checking it while I'm there. Not sure what phone number I'll have there.

Keith Loh June 5th, 2003 04:33 PM

Dylan's also engaged so you should probably stay off the hookers.

Unless that's considered polite for down there.

K. Forman June 5th, 2003 04:47 PM

You mean, Hookers aren't considered a cultural experience???

Paul Sedillo June 5th, 2003 07:22 PM

Re: I'm in Orlando June 17-28

So is this tied to a national paintball tourney? :)

Dylan Couper June 5th, 2003 07:27 PM

Paul, no paintball. We are shooting a golf fitness video.
I'm not playing anymore paintball until I get back. I don't want to take my shirt off at the pool and have people jump out because it looks like I have a flesh eating virus from the welts. :)

Paul Sedillo June 5th, 2003 07:29 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Paul, no paintball. We are shooting a golf fitness video.
I'm not playing anymore paintball until I get back. I don't want to take my shirt off at the pool and have people jump out because it looks like I have a flesh eating virus from the welts. :) -->>>

Hmmm...I always thought the welts added character - maybe my wife has been lying to me!

Chris Hurd June 6th, 2003 12:36 AM

Just missed you, Dylan... I've been in Orlando from 30 May through 6 June.

Dylan Couper June 6th, 2003 01:10 AM

Chris, is there any beer left? :)

How was the weather there?

Chris Hurd June 6th, 2003 02:59 AM

Plenty of beer left as we were mostly having sissy drinks (strawberry daqs and coladas). It is very warm and humid and has been raining a lot!

K. Forman June 6th, 2003 05:15 AM

We told you about the rain...

Joe Carney June 9th, 2003 10:30 AM

Dylan, if you can get over to International drive, there is a pretty good restaurant called Race Rock (I think that is still the name, been awhile since I've been there). Car and Motorcycle racing themes, good prices, lots of food for the money. Can't miss it when driving by. Right next to a place that offers Helicopter rides. Most of the restaurants around there are strictly tourist, but this one isn't too bad.

The restaurants at Universal City Walk are good but a little on the expensive side. Excellent Jazz club (real jazz vs the phoney pop jazz they play over at Downtown Disney).

For Asian fare, you can check out the Little Saigon area of Orlando.

Would love to meet, have a bite. My treat.