CUT the movie. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 7th, 2003, 11:18 AM   #1
High School Student

CUT the movie.

http://www.cut-movie.com

Apparently, that was shot in the canton area (where I live). It doesn't look too hot, by the trailer, but I respect them for their effort.

I am trying to find out how I get ahold of "screening passes" to go see it, even though I don't really want to -- i'd probably shoot myself 5 minutes into it.

Anyway, I emailed the guy who made that asking him if he needs any help on his future projects, because I read he is working on more stuff. It appears that his thing is directing and writing, but he obviously lacks in shooting and editing. Or does it just look so bad video wise because he wanted it to look like it was someone with their home video cameras taping what they did? I'm not sure. Too bad of my age, which makes people think much less of your abilities. Oh well, what do I have to loose? Maybe I will end up helping him on some stuff. I'll probably talk to him if I ever find out how to get "passes" to the screening.

EDIT -- You apparently have to be over 18 or with someone over 18 to go to the screening. =/

If I don't shave, (that with me being 6FT/210LBS) I could probably get in. I doubt they will make a big deal about it anyway.

"Any adult 18 or older who is accompanying minor attendees under 17 will be considered an adult guardian, and will understand and accept full responsibility for the actions of any and all minors attending this event with them. Furthermore, we reserve the right to randomly check identification at any time during the event for proof of age."
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm not sure either (you said the quality is to resemble a home video cam). That could be the case for the trailer. The story seems interesting - as long as it isn't some mindless excuse to show some S and M, and T and A (no particular order!).

I agree though, you have to give him credit for putting together a full-length. It's a lot of work. Good luck getting in touch with him.
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:52 AM   #3
High School Student

I'm pretty sure it was shot on a 1CCD DV cam.

The trailer reminds me of a cheap "horror" movie from the 70's. Like one I rented a while back, man it was terrible, but it was the funniest thing I ever watched, because it was so cheap.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media