DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Anyone have any webspace to host this 500KB page with a Vegas "tutorial" on it? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/10982-anyone-have-any-webspace-host-500kb-page-vegas-tutorial.html)

Alex Knappenberger June 18th, 2003 05:09 PM

Anyone have any webspace to host this 500KB page with a Vegas "tutorial" on it?

Hey, I just finished typing out this page with a little "vegas tutorial" on it, since some people requested that I'd do that. I don't have the webspace (actually the bandwidth) to host it, since it's a pretty decent size (about 500KB, it has a bunch of examples) and I imagine it will get hit pretty hard....

If anyone has any bandwidth/webspace to host this on, that would be great, thanks.

Paul Sedillo June 18th, 2003 05:58 PM

Re: Anyone have any webspace to host this 500KB page with a Vegas "tutorial" on it?

<<<-- Originally posted by Alex Knappenberger : Hey, I just finished typing out this page with a little "vegas tutorial" on it, since some people requested that I'd do that. I don't have the webspace (actually the bandwidth) to host it, since it's a pretty decent size (about 500KB, it has a bunch of examples) and I imagine it will get hit pretty hard....

If anyone has any bandwidth/webspace to host this on, that would be great, thanks. -->>>

Alex,

Send me an email and we can talk about it.

Paul

Imran Zaidi June 18th, 2003 08:22 PM

Alex,

If you and Paul don't get something worked out, I'd be glad to let you host it somewhere also.

Adrian Douglas June 18th, 2003 11:00 PM

Is it one page, or a number of pages? If it's one 500k page you might have trouble because it's gonna consume a lot of bandwidth loading the sucker. You might want to try and slim it down a bit.

Chris Hurd June 19th, 2003 12:03 AM

Alex, I've looked over your work and I think it's great. I have plenty of bandwidth on DV Info and I'd like to give your tutorial a non-exclusive home on my site (non-exclusive means that anybody else you choose can host it also; it's still your property of course).

Let me know; all you'll need to do is e-mail the text and images to me and I'll put it up a.s.a.p. -- and then we can promote your user title to "contributor."

Alex Knappenberger June 19th, 2003 12:33 AM

Yeah, I should of broken it up into a couple pages, but oh well, it works like that I guess....

I sent Chris a E-Mail with a zip file attached, which has the files for the page.

Chris Hurd June 19th, 2003 12:41 AM

Alex -- got it, thanks -- too tired to do anything with it tonight, will advise when it's up.

Paul Sedillo June 19th, 2003 05:23 AM

Case closed! Thanks for helping him out Chris. :)

Rob Lohman June 19th, 2003 08:57 AM

There is a minor error in that text:

Quote:

Lets get started.

Alright, I'm going to use a DV framegrab from my $400 Panasonic DV52 camcorder for this "tutorial
That must be DV25 instead of 52 ofcourse.

Alex Knappenberger June 19th, 2003 01:15 PM

Nope. Panasonic DV52.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh3/con...=276525&is=REG

Thats the DV53 ("newer" version) but they are practically the same. I'm only 14, so I can't really afford anything real spiffy (DVX100). I had to "pull some strings" (:D) to even get the money for this camera.

Chris Hurd June 19th, 2003 04:50 PM

Actually you're both right.

Rob thought you were referring to the designator for standard-definition digital video, which is 25 megabits per second... whereas you were referring to your camcorder's model number.

So you see, the DV52 is indeed DV25.

As opposed to being DV50 or DV100 (which is high-def).

Rob Lohman June 21st, 2003 04:04 PM

I was indeed. Perhaps good to clearify that in the text somehow.
Why oh why do manufacturers sometimes choose these names
that can only confuse things. Argh.

My bad Alex!

Nick Kerpchar June 21st, 2003 04:49 PM

Alex - Chris,
This is really timely as I have been seriously thinking of getting Vegas + DVD and a designated PC for NLE, but was holding back for fear of a steep learning curve on Vegas. Sounds like a tutorial on the basics is just was the doctor ordered (I have also been reading Ed Troxel's "Vegas + DVD Tips, Tricks, and Scripts".

Thanks Alex. Thanks Chris.

Nick

Albert Rodgers July 13th, 2003 01:05 AM

So Chris /Alex,

When and where will this Vegas tutorial be hosted? I am a new Vegas 4 user and can use all the tips and tricks as possible.

Thanks.

Clayton Farr July 13th, 2003 11:09 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : ....and then we can promote your user title to "contributor." -->>>

Hey Chris, as long as your handing out titles, could you bump me up to something cool like 'Hidden' Contributor or the like?

Well either that 'Really nice guy who spends way too much time thinking about all of this stuff...'

;)

Clayton