New Batman short film - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:08 AM   #16
MPS Digital Studios

Here's an interview:

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/new...8909880,87994,

It's filled with spoilers, so watch the film first.

I read the extensive review first, and it lost me when the second villain (after Joker) entered (not to mention the third villain). When I saw it, I thought, it's cool, I guess, but it lost me. I'd hate to be Bats at the end!

I wish they would've stuck with the BATMAN score they swiped, instead of the other two film scores they put in. Took me out of the film. I'm being vague on purpose!

Overall, it's a $30,000 + production likely done on 35 mm or HD (CineAlta, I'd guess).

heath
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:44 AM   #17
Major Player

I think that this is the same film as discussed in this thread. But thanks for the URL...the thought of kazaa gives me the creeps.
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 01:25 AM   #18
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Robert Poulton : you mean batman's costume? if so that was his original costume that he had back in the detective comics. I liked it way better than the other costumes that they used in the other films. At least batman looked right in this short.

Rob:D -->>>

It was based on painter Alex Ross' designs.

I read an extensive review beforehand and the second villain lost me. I was totally yanked out.

Here's the director's site:

collorastudios.com

He's been doing effects work forever.

heath
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:00 AM   #19
Capt. Quirk

My request for production information is being forwarded to Sandy Collora. Hopefully, he will find time and share some behind the scenes details.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:46 AM   #20
Regular Crew

BATMAN COSTUME

All I've got to say I loved that Year One Costume. I've seen the guy who played Batman in Fitness Mags... Eas.com
Good Short, only complaint -- All Batman next time.
Neil Kissoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:55 AM   #21
Capt. Quirk

This really isn't a short film. It was merely a way for Sandy Collora to spotlight his abilities. While it is cool, and a better effort than the last couple of Batman movies, it is just a demo.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 11:16 AM   #22
Air China Pilot

Pocari Sweat commercial

I like his Pocari Sweat commercial:

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/qtv/vide...tp_300_ref.mov
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:28 PM   #23
Capt. Quirk

OK... I just got a reply from one of the crew-

"It was shot in the back alley of an aluminum wharehouse in LA. It's shot on 35mm film, and we did the whole thing in the freezing cold with rain machines blasting the whole time.....COLD! the whole shot only took 4 days, but pre-production was around 6 months."

Hope this answers some questions :)
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:43 PM   #24
Major Player

I could tell it was all shot in one area, they really used the overhead spot to great advantage. It really isolated the action and let you focus on it and not the surroundings... and also let you have so-so surroundings and it didn't matter.
Kevin Burnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Interview with Sandy Collora at Ain't It Cool News.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 07:14 PM   #26
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Ronnie Grahn : Interview with Sandy Collora at Ain't It Cool News. -->>>

I read another interview at superherohype.com that was all right, done probably via email or instant messaging.

It's cool, but the other villains yanked me RIGHT out!

heath
Old July 23rd, 2003, 09:43 PM   #27
Wrangler

It's much cooler if you are a comic book nerd and have read any of the great Dark Horse Aliens vs. Predator series crossed over with many, many other superheroes.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 11:58 PM   #28
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : It's much cooler if you are a comic book nerd and have read any of the great Dark Horse Aliens vs. Predator series crossed over with many, many other superheroes. -->>>

I'm the one of the biggest! I have an extensive comics collection (Iron Man and the Flash are my favorites), the original Aliens Vs. Predator comics is one of my favorites, I write for a comics webzine (movie news), I have the Punisher skull tattooed on my leg...But it still yanked me right out.

heath
Old July 24th, 2003, 03:07 AM   #29
Major Player

Well I wasn't going to admit it but yes I am as well. Love comic cons loads of fun and a great time to meet the artist and writers. I would of loved to see other Batman villians attacking him. Maybe if he made it like a trailer. It would be nice to see an opening of Batman, like in the airbrushed cartoon; you know before they changed it to Batman & Robin.

Rob:D
Robert Poulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #30
Air China Pilot

I was a much bigger comics nerd a couple years ago but I do go by the comics store every week to look (in vain) to see if there is anything interesting. I don't typically buy superhero comics but like a lot of fans I was revived (briefly) by The Dark Knight, Alex Ross. I would be much more interested to see how someone might adapt The Watchmen, The Invisibles (can you imagine the FX and the gun fights?) and maybe the Warren Ellis stuff.

Upcoming comics films: Hellboy (lovely production stills coming from that one), Preacher (great story), Punisher, Submariner, Fantasic Four and a John Constantine film that seems to bear little relation to Hellblazer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media