Happy Birthday, Stanley! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 26th, 2003, 02:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Happy Birthday, Stanley!

"You've got a great big dollar sign there where most women have a heart."

"Hello there, soldier. Ready to kill more Germans?"

"I am Sparticus."

"Your daughter? Gee, isn't it great to have a lovely, tall, pretty little, small daughter like that, it's really wonderful."

"Purity of Essence."

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

"The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow, a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts."

"I love the use of the color blue by the artist."

"REDRUM! REDRUM!"

"Me so horny. Me love you long time."

"Fidelio."
Andres Lucero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #2
Wrangler

I could add a page full of my favorites from Full Metal Jacket, but it would be deleted due to content in about 3 seconds. :)

** EDIT***
I couldn't stop myself. Here are some great ones, and the only ones that don't have F*** or S*** in them....

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for war."

"Did your parents have any children that lived?!
Sir, yes, sir!
I'll bet they regret that "

"These are great day we're living, bros. We're Jolly Green Giants, walking the Earth . . . with guns!"

Okay, for the REALLY good ones, check out this site.
WARNING, CONTAINS POTTY LANGUAGE
Private Cowboy is infamous.
Old July 26th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

From Paths of Glory:

Colonel Dax : Sir, would you like me to suggest what you can do with that promotion.
General Broulard : Colonel Dax! You will apologise at once or I shall have you placed under arrest at once!
Colonel Dax : I apologise for not being entirely honest with you. I apologise for not revealing my true feelings. I apologise, sir, for not telling you sooner that you're a degenerate, sadistic old man - and you can go to hell before I apologise to you now or ever again!
General Broulard : Colonel Dax, you're a disappointment to me. You've spoiled the keenness of your mind by wallowing in sentimentality. You really did want to save those men, and you were not angling for Mireau's command. You're an idealist - and I pity you as I would the village idiot. We're fighting a war, Dax, a war that we've got to win. Those men didn't fight, so they were shot. You bring charges against General Mireau, so I insist that he answer them. Wherein have I done wrong?
Colonel Dax : Because you don't know the answer to that question, I pity you.
Old July 26th, 2003, 07:30 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Keith,

Checked new posts this morning and read this one of yours. I couldn't figure out what movie you were referring to. Went a plopped down in front of the TV and an old black & white movie with Kirk Douglas that I've never seen before started...and I'll be damned if it wasn't the one you just quoted. How's that for serendipity?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media