DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Pics posted from behind the scenes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/13225-pics-posted-behind-scenes.html)

Kevin Nardelle August 13th, 2003 06:50 PM

Pics posted from behind the scenes

Don't worry about the little "you don't belong here" warning. Enjoy the pics. Let me know what you think, I had a blast shooting this. The time it was done in is amazing, everything fell into place and was shot in a single day. I shot a lot of day footage to get the band comfortable and in time; they were not playing, the equipment was just there as props.

http://www.realnola.com/BNPRODUCTION/

Alex Knappenberger August 13th, 2003 08:00 PM

Nice, how did you manage to get access to them jets dude? You must have some contacts, heh.

Where'd them heavy duty generators come from?

How many times did you have them play the song?

I can't wait to check out the finished product, although by the looks of things, I don't think I will like the music too much, heh.

Kevin Nardelle August 14th, 2003 12:20 AM

access

In these time we are living that was no easy feat to get access to teh base and a airplane like that. I had no contacts man, it was social engineering and luck. At least I know my government trusts me now lol. I went through about two - three weeks of waiting for clearance and such for myself and crew.

TWO of those generators were just enough to get everything going believe it or not. We threw the breakers in one of them.

I was very unhappy with the lighting company, they didn't seem to know what the hell was going on and when I told them what I wanted they delivered but it just never was right. I was trying to get a hard light on the jet and some softer light on the band, it didn't work out so well. I finally had to break out my lowel soft boxes and kick them on to get somethign close to what I wanted. I asked the lighting guy about difuser and he looked at me with an empty stare.. (AHH!!!)..

As far as the music, the band is amazing! They are about to sign with a major lable if everything keeps going like it has. The kids in the band are really tight and have their act together and unlike most bands, they don't drink, do drugs, or all the other things that go on back stage.. They are clean straight kids with a serious mission and their music. I have high hopes for them.

They played that one song I dont know how many times lol.. I had then play it over and over and over to make sure I had enough material to sync up to in post. I did all the story and actor shots first and then did the crane shots and followed with the hand held. All the important stuff came at around dusk where we did some mroe crane and quickly switched to hand held for the creative stuff. there was little time to get everything so I had them do a lot prior abnd didnt tell them what I was going for. They had no clue if the video would be daylight, dusk, or night.

So what type of music do you like? I am into old school metal, alternative rock, jazz, blues, and classical:) I have a nice mix of stuff that I really dig.

Alex Knappenberger August 14th, 2003 12:45 PM

Thats cool Kevin. You guys must of been sucking a lot of juice, if 2 of them big suckers just barely covered it, heh.

"As far as the music, the band is amazing! They are about to sign with a major lable if everything keeps going like it has. The kids in the band are really tight and have their act together and unlike most bands, they don't drink, do drugs, or all the other things that go on back stage.. They are clean straight kids with a serious mission and their music. I have high hopes for them."

Yeah, i'll have to find some of their music somewhere and check it out. My friends band "harsh manner", is awesome, I love their music and everything, everyone in the band is very talented (jimmy, the guitar player is sick on guitar), but I think it will be a while before they ever land any type of record deal or anything, simply because they probably aren't as marketable as a band like them guys that you did that video for. I say that because mainly it's 80's metal type music, all of the songs have huge guitar solo's, and all that other good stuff, and they aren't "cuties" that talk like they are from the ghetto but act like they are "punk rock", like a lot of mainstream bands today (ex. good charrlette).

Charles King August 14th, 2003 02:32 PM

Just saw the clip. I must say, they're good, really good. I'm a R&B man but that song did it for me. Great job on the filming.

Kevin Nardelle August 14th, 2003 02:45 PM

Thanks

Remember, I did this with zero budget and in a very short time frame. I can't want to work with a budget and get something on film. The VP for the record label is looking at the video right now so I will have his input soon. I know a lot of people will find the same thing you are saying, this band is simply amazing. If you knew their background, you would really be impressed. I will say this, they have been together for only 6 months and the oldest is only 24 - the youngest is 18 as of last week.

Thanks again on the compliments on the band and my video.

Kevin Nardelle August 14th, 2003 03:16 PM

BLACKOUT!

My server is down right now, I am on a server located in NY which is under a blackout right now. Turn on CNN.. Interesting.

if you try to hit my site to pull the video, the site is still there, it is just my server down due to a power failure.