Nice digital backdrops at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 21st, 2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Trustee

Nice digital backdrops

I'm going slightly crazy here.

Searching for a source of good, calm, modestly-chic digital backdrops that are almost but not quite virtual sets.

They do exist. I can picture them - I found some about three years ago, but cannot (CANNOT) find them or anything like them after many trawling sessions. Think Le Corbusier interiors in a Mediterranean setting. Think the white room in Voodoo Lounge London.

Googling brings up too much '1980s Americana' - Dark blue or gritty grey sets with too much bodywork, steel and marble. Pale, muted colours, unobtrusive textures, geometric details, needs to be a background. Don't want people humming the sets! :)

Any recommendations before I have to commission my own?
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

google image search, select extra large images
corbusier - Google Image Search
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois View Post
google image search
Thanks Giroud, but what I was trying to locate was a company who do rendered backdrops, rather than using actual photos of architecture, where there may be issues of copyright for both the photographer and objects in the background. Even the architecture can be subject to copyright and permissions.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Major Player

sorry I misread your post. I was going to suggest Digital Juice. Not sure that is what you want. (Jumpbacks) in fact pretty sure it is not.

You might try www.elitevideo.com, they have virtual sets.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Tourist

Virtualsets.com - suggestion

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but we used www.Virtualsets.com for a project last spring. It was for a blue screen project that was for a luxury home timeshare/rental company. They (luxury home arch environments) looked VERY realistic.

As I recall, they weren't cheap, but they were very good. After checking a moment ago, I didn't see anything like what they did for us on their site, though. The stuff on their site looks like mostly broadcast sets, not architecture stuff they did for us.

-RD
Roger Dawkens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media