What movie is this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 19th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #1
ChorizoSmells

What movie is this?

A friend told me about a scene from a movie but she can't remember the name of it. In the scene, there is a gunfight happening and the person who is protecting a young child puts on a pair of headphones on the child and the song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, by Judy Garland is playing while all the guns are going off.

That's all she can remember about the movie.
Old September 19th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #2
Trustee

That would be Face/Off by John Woo with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage.

I recently saw an interview of Woo and his reason for using that song stemmed from his childhood experiences with American culture.

I am very much not a fan of Woo's at all; however, this bit in his film was pretty cool.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #3
ChorizoSmells

Imran,
thanks for the fast reply. I'll check out that movie. My friend didn't much care for the movie as a whole but she really liked that part.

I had the song playing on my iBook and it reminded her of that movie, we've been trying to figure out the movie all day today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media