DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   The Best! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/15039-best.html)

Charles French September 26th, 2003 08:28 PM

The Best!

This has got to be the best dv forum of all forums. I don't know up from down, I'm just trying to learn. I can post a question here and in no time at all I've got a reply. I just opted out of another dv.com or something forum who evidently has no moderator's. I don't mean to put anyone down but people who have a burning question want an answer as soon as possible, no matter how trivial it may be. There is always someone here to answer those questions and don't make you feel like an idiot for asking. Everyone had to start somewhere and this is a great place to start. I want to thank all the moderator's and members for being so nice and prompt at helping solve my dilemma's.

tks, charles

Adrian Douglas September 26th, 2003 08:53 PM

Thanks Charles. That's what Chris and the rest of the wranglers have been working to achieve over the last 2 years. This forum is helpful, friendly and mostly flame free but it's not only because of the wranglers it because of the high calibre of the members. After all it's the members that make a forum and I'm sure I speak for Chris and the other wranglers when I say that the members here are top notch.

Chris Hurd September 26th, 2003 11:33 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Charles. We tend to draw a better crowd, so you can thank your fellow forum members -- and yourself -- for the friendly environment you find here.

The goal was to set this thing up as if we're actually meeting each other face-to-face at some meeting hall. The basic decorum of civility and courtesy applies here just as it would in person. This operational model is admittedly not for everybody, but we're not interested in having the type of folks that this doesn't appeal to. We're interested only in attracting like-minded people, so you get the best of the best here. And you're a part of that, so thanks to you as well. Much appreciated,

Don Bloom September 27th, 2003 07:32 AM

Chris and All,
I got in from a wedding late last night, walked the dog and hit the sack. As I was having my coffee this A.M. (after walking the damn dog again;) I went to a couple of other forums I go to and in I read with some interest a few posts in one of them, that frankly, if the posters had been sitting across from one another, there might have been bloodshed. This seems to be a common thing in that forum, everyone knows eveyone else business and is an expert at it and only their opinion counts, they are right, you are wrong. I say pompous and arrogant.

On the other hand, THIS forum IS run professionally with latitude and allows honest discussion of topics and although there might be disagreements about thing once in a while, the folks here are really out to share the knowledge and seem to be open to receiving more knowledge from others regardless of who that someone is, their experience or time in the business.
In other words, people here seem to be far more open minded than most other forums I visit and participate in. Actually there are only 1 or 2 forums where disagreement and arguing seem to be the order of the day most seem to love having more than 1 side of a discussion so other points can be made to the others on the forum.
Open and free discussion is one of the keystones of the US and so many other countries around the world and its a pleasure to come to a forum where it is not only encouraged, but only on very rare occassion warned against (personal attack-not good anywhere) and used as a way for us all to be better.
Chris and all the rest of the wranglers, keep up the good work!
Don B.