Cubs choke, Cubs choke, Cubs choke!!! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 16th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #31
Wrangler

Now, being Canadian, I don't care much about baseball, so I don't really have a perspective on the professional game like y'all do (although I like playing it, I find it boring to watch, sorry). I watched the highlights of this game last night though, after reading this thread. My confusion is that this interference really didn't cost them the game did it? The mistakes they made later on is what did them in. From what I see, the public is making this poor bastard into a scapegoat so they don't have to deal with the reality that their team just wasn't the best team out there that night...?

PS, they showed the guys name, face, and house on TV last night... Man, I feel so bad for him. I think I'd move to a different city.
Old October 16th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #32

Breaking news
AP-Dateline Oak Park

Satan was seen in a neighborhood Walmart, returning a pair of ice skates.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Dylan, you're pretty much right on with your assessment. The Marlin's did not score 8 runs because this guy interfered...instead of an out, he hit a foul ball because the fan hit the ball preventing the catch by the Cub's player. I think its just really hyped up because of what "could have been", fans like to have faith in the fact that if this guy didn't get in the way the whole game would have been different. If I recall correctly, he didn't interfere in game 7, so I wonder whose fault that was? Ok, that was a nasty dig, but a point to be made. That guy interfered on a single play, he didn't squander a 3-1 game lead that the Cubs had in the series.

As for his name, face and house being published/put on air, I think that is rediculous, it serves nothing but to endanger this guy and his family and make his life that much harder. But the good news is that some businesses in Florida are offering to put him up in a beachfront condo for a year all expenses paid (including clothes, etc) down there until things cool down. Again, I just hope this dosen't get any worse than some people being upset and just talking about it.

Robbie
Robbie Smolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #34
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I agree that perspective is a very important thing to retain...even for an old Cubs fan like me. Even with civic pride factored, it is, after all, just a game and an entertainment venue no different than film.

But even I got a chuckle from Rob's line about Satan returning snow boots!

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #35
Inner Circle

I don't blame that fan for the Cubs losing, just his atttitude about the whole thing. Most of us would have gone for the ball too.
The Cubs blew it when the shortstop flubbed an easy double play in game six,THAT, was the beginning of the end IMHO. The still had a chance in 7 and simply got out played. Go Fish!!!!
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #36
Major Player

GO FISH!!!
Old October 17th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #37
Major Player

Hey Rick,

Saw your Yogi quote. Yogi still comes here to my town, the Italian district called "The Hill" where he and Joe Garagiola grew up. It's a close knit neighborhood. He'll walk into his favorite corner bar to visit his friends and their reaction is like a relative visiting instead of a baseball star.
Rob Belics is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media