Replacement parts for Camcorders (Sony) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 8th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Replacement parts for Camcorders (Sony)

I'm not really sure where to post this but I thought the general area was the best. On eBay I've made a pretty decent profit buying several of the same types of broken camcorders and digital cameras and switching parts around in them to make one fully functional and re-selling it. Anyways my question is I was looking for a place online to order replacement parts. With me replacing parts in cameras having extra ones also allows me to figure out exactly which circuitboard is fried, etc. No, I'm not trying to start an electronic repair, just simple fixes. I'm just wondering if anybody knows a website where I can order a circuitboard or a new LCD screen? Thanks a bunch for any input.
Tim Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

you have to get it from Sony
Christopher Toderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 01:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Okay...I remember seeing a site back that sold camera parts so I assumed there were others. Anybody know where I could find possible PDF service manuals...or just a parts diagram since the number isn't listed on the part most of the time.
Tim Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 05:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I got PDF form of a Japanese service manual on JVC's Japanese Web Site. A Japanese site may be better than American one to get Service Manuals for free.
Christopher Toderman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media