DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Watch out for that flu! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/18459-watch-out-flu.html)

Michael Wisniewski December 17th, 2003 03:48 AM

Watch out for that flu!

Woof, I'm usually healthy like an Ox, I've never called in sick, but this last flu took me down for the count for two days.

Same for 6 of my friends here in NYC.

If you start feeling scratchy in your throat right above the collar bone, that's it.

Mark Jefferson December 17th, 2003 12:42 PM

I'm just getting over the flu now. I took 4 DAYS off work...I've never done that before. I was in bad shape for a grand total of 8 days! I hope nobody else has it like that.

Cheers,
Mark Jefferson

Dylan Couper December 18th, 2003 06:45 PM

I'm still getting over it. Came down with it on Day 2 of the 10 day vacation I just had in Orlando. Nice f--king timing...

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 18th, 2003 07:06 PM

Hm, I've been feeling that throat itchiness for the past two days, but never thought I might have flu coming on since I can't remember being in contact with anyone who seemed sick.

Now you've got me worried.

Dan Holly December 18th, 2003 07:28 PM

No worries Robert, yours is just from SNORING all night <;~)

Frank Granovski December 18th, 2003 09:23 PM

2, 7-year-olds died from it over the weekend here in Vancouver. And this is just the beginning.

Rob Belics December 19th, 2003 08:44 AM

Media hype. Sad situation about the kids but it happens every year. The flu hit early and hard so it's just fodder for the movie people, uh, television news people.

Everyone here that I know got over it in two or three days, including myself. No worries, mate.

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 19th, 2003 04:40 PM

It's not entirely media hype. The rate of infection is substantially higher and earlier than it has been in recent years, an the problem is compounded by an inadequate supply of vaccine. (Manufacturers destroyed an overstock of an identical vaccine at the end of the flu season last year, prompting many to call for government to take a larger role in the manufacturing and stocking process.)

Me, I'm getting worse and worse each day. Right now, I'm not debilitated, but I feel it moving from my throat to my head. How bad will it get?

Rob Belics December 19th, 2003 07:09 PM

I had not heard it was worse than last year, just the early. Maybe that's just local.

The vaccine is a relatively new thing (considering my age). Never had one. Don't believe you should, either, unless very young or elderly.

Dylan Couper December 19th, 2003 10:20 PM

WTF, I think I'm coming down with it again, or relapsing.... Throat swelling up. Merry F*#@!%G Christmas to me...

I was bed ridden for two days when I first came down with it, and I don't go down easily (my fiancee might say otherwise). I only got up the third day so I could go to MGM Studios. Otherwise I would have taken day three off as well. My dad caught it just after me, and was off his feet for four days.
I find after the first rough days it gets alot better quickly, unless it moves in your lungs, then you can enjoy a nagging hacking cought for three weeks (like me).

Frank Granovski December 20th, 2003 01:41 AM

If you practise TaiChi or BaGwa, you will never get sick. :-))

---------------------------------------------
Fu Style BaGwa fixed my back.

Next week: my cam ate my baby.

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 24th, 2003 11:08 PM

Now I feel just awful. I spent most of Wednesday on the verge of vomiting, although that may have just been the Oprah.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

--- (spending Christmas in bed)
|
V

Zac Stein December 24th, 2003 11:46 PM

ahh it is a nice 30 deg C outside today here, no flu, no colds, just sun and the pool.

Merry Christmas to me, now i just wish i was christian :)

Zac

PS. the flu sucks, i hear that a good way to get over it is to watch Titanic, because that will force all the vomit out of you.