DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Speaking of movie theaters...... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/19866-speaking-movie-theaters.html)

Douglas Habib January 15th, 2004 01:36 PM

Speaking of movie theaters......

I am, and have been for some time, disinclined to attend because I've become much more critical of out-of-focus projections.....
What's up with THAT??!!!!
Do they EVER re-focus a projector????
(What is the equipment, anyway?)

Nicholi Brossia January 15th, 2004 01:50 PM

I've noticed that every once in a while. The one that gets to me is when the sound isn't balanced properly - way way too much treble or bass... but never both.
They also don't clean their airconditioning filters very well. With my bad allergies, all that adds up to paying $8 to feel like crap for 2 hours.

Don Donatello January 15th, 2004 03:06 PM

what gets me is when the projectionist does not frame correctly then you start seeing the boom mic in the shoots or lights ...

Christopher C. Murphy January 15th, 2004 03:10 PM

I hate when the movie playing off the sides or bottom and top. It's really bad when the previews start. Someone told me that the previews are a different projector, so that might be why.

But, still...come on and get your crap together! I mean, it's their bread and butter...make it look decent.

Murph

J. Clayton Stansberry January 15th, 2004 03:20 PM

Nicholi,

Yes! That's sooooo true, but I didn't know the reason why my allergies turned on and off in and out of the theatre. Another reason for me not to go as I can get pretty bad...it's better to just be in control of everything yourself at home IMHO...

Clay

John Hudson January 15th, 2004 04:39 PM

That's because you have a bunch of 16 year olds running the show.

Josh Bass January 15th, 2004 05:17 PM

How 'bout when one audio track is fine, but the audio underneath (say, the sound of rain during a dialogue scene) keeps cutting out in a wonderful rhythmic pattern that makes you want to kill yourself. . .or when some damn fool next to you has to discuss the plot points with her significant other while they're happening, and you're privileged enough to be sitting two seats away from them?

Nicholi Brossia January 15th, 2004 05:37 PM

Oh man, now you've done it... you mentioned the other "patrons" in the theater. Once, I actually had the honor of sitting in front of a person relaying the movie via telephone. "Now he's going into the room... scary music is playing, so I think something's going to happen... OMG! he just screamed..."

Christopher C. Murphy January 16th, 2004 05:46 PM

Ok, let's all bring some eggs to the movie theatre from now on...if someone is a pain we pelt them with eggs.

That's my plan tonight when I go see "21 Grams". The only probably is that the theatre is in the city...a bad area. I'll be lucky to get out alive. But, someone has to take a stand and I'm willing to put my life on the line for all moviegoers...until the death!

(Seriously, if I'm not back here tomorrow someone call my mommy.)

;)

Murph

Douglas Habib January 16th, 2004 06:40 PM

Chris-
in E. Kingston, N.H.????!!!!!!!
C'monnnn.............

Christopher C. Murphy January 16th, 2004 06:48 PM

I'm going to Boston man...and East Kingston is also the hood.

lol