DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   how about those Grammy tech problems? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/21088-how-about-those-grammy-tech-problems.html)

Gary Chavez February 9th, 2004 11:13 AM

how about those Grammy tech problems?

man,poor Celine..beside the obvious tech problems, how about the directing?

seems like the director hadnt ever heard one song by 1/2 the performers.
missing action shots or close ups.I guess they spent all rehearsal time w/ Beyonce!

Lorinda Norton February 12th, 2004 01:18 AM

I agree, Gary. My thoughts by the time the thing was finally over:

a. CBS can't seem to get a break, lately :)

b. That audio crew, or whatever they're called, is history.

Dustin Waits February 12th, 2004 07:04 AM

I found these errors to be hilarious. I loved how you could hear the Audio Techs talking while she was trying to sing.

Wayne Orr February 12th, 2004 10:58 AM

The crews that work on the Grammy Awards are the best in the business, and have been doing the show for many years, in most cases.

Sometimes "stuff happens," despite all your best laid plans. And when it does, its agony.

Glad you all can find entertainment in others misfortunes.

Wayne Orr

Gary Chavez February 12th, 2004 11:03 AM

well, i didnt find humor, but knowing those guys are the best made those mistakes all the more glaring.
i cant imagine its the same crew from previous years.
what sound tech doesn't hear himself over the house pa?

Lorinda Norton February 12th, 2004 11:13 AM

I was wondering, Wayne, why the "you all" comment, as I didn't remember making fun. But then I wondered if you misunderstood my "or whatever they're called" phrase. I only included that because I wasn't sure if "audio crew" was the best terminology.

We all know that only the best in the business would be hired to do the Grammy's, but I also figure that it's pretty competitive. I have a hard time believing that when the thing was over, the powers-that-be just said, "Oh well; stuff happens." Or, maybe they did.

John Hudson February 12th, 2004 01:20 PM

You guys actually watch the Grammy's?

Gary Chavez February 12th, 2004 01:22 PM

robert randolph, bootsy collins, baby herc, where else am i gonna get that all on one stage?

np-'what a way to die' Posion 13

Dustin Waits February 12th, 2004 01:23 PM

Actually I wasn't poking fun of the Audio Techs. Mistakes happen. Not a big deal. I just cant stand Celine Dion and thought it was hilarious that it happened to her.

Lorinda Norton February 12th, 2004 05:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Hudson : You guys actually watch the Grammy's? -->>>
LOL, John. I could hardly believe it myself. At my age, too!

Have to say, it does give some of us a glimpse of what's out there; although, if it's a realistic indicator, I can't say I found some of it all that encouraging...

Just to show how closely I paid attention, I have no idea what Gary just said in his last post! Who are those people? (rhetorical question :)

One positive for me from a video aspect: Beyonce's "framed painting" setting for her performance really was art, in my opinion. For all I know I may be able to use variations on that concept in a creative project someday, so for me, it was worth sitting through the rest.

John Hudson February 12th, 2004 08:19 PM

LOL

Half the bands on there (more than half!) I'm like "Who is this?" and my 15 year old nephew is in the corner lip synching!

LOL