DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Les Triplettes de Belleville (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/21927-les-triplettes-de-belleville.html)

Robert Knecht Schmidt February 25th, 2004 09:43 AM

Les Triplettes de Belleville

Allez les filles! I loved this movie--comedy and pathos in every shot. I liked it even more than Finding Nemo. I hope you get to see it on a big screen, but if you can't, be sure to rent it when it's available on DVD.

I could list all my favorite parts but I don't want to spoil a single thing. Half the fun of the movie is in one's own discovery of everything within it--asking questions, guessing at the answers, and then finding out the real answers...

(The other half of the fun comes from having ever owned a big dog!)

Matthew Groff February 25th, 2004 10:01 AM

I also found this to be a really awesome film. Interestingly enough, I nearly fell asleep in the theater multiple times, but at the same time I really enjoyed it. I think a lack of dialogue may have contributed to my sleepiness.

mg

Rebecca Condon February 25th, 2004 10:05 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. I was fortunate to see it this fall at the Toronto Film Festival at the Elgin Theatre. I had been dragged to the showing as animation is not typically to my liking.

However, the film was clever, unique and delightful with a storyline that is quite difficult to describe.

I hear it is up for an Oscar and it certainly is deserving.

Rebecca

Matthew Laskey February 27th, 2004 04:13 AM

yep- this was on british tv during christmas- it also has a great soundtrack!

Gino Terribilini March 1st, 2004 02:04 AM

Oh, i loved it more than anything. Its been too long since silent (dialogue-less) films have been off the big screen. And to have an entire film with only three or four lines of dialogue throughout the entire film... simply genius.
It would be interesting to see the film done with live actors. Maybe a few changes here and there (ex. the dog as the wheel), but other than that, i think its possible. I remember when i saw the trailer for the first time, i started cracking up. Call it love at first sight. A definate must see for everybody!!

Rob Lohman March 1st, 2004 06:12 AM

It didn't win any Oscars last night. But looked interesting from
the snippets that I saw!

Matthew Eastwood March 8th, 2004 12:11 AM

i too, loved this film, but found it only mildly "funny."

for some reason, everyone around me in the theatre was cracking up the whole time, it almost ruined it for me.

i guess i was more into the artwork and was studying the film as much as i was just watching it.

Martha MacGregor March 23rd, 2004 08:37 PM

Hi folks, I saw the film at a Canadian film festival and really enjoyed the twist on filmic realities. Not to blow it for those who have not seen this movie, but there is a point in time when "real" or "documentary" style footage is incorporated into the animated footage as a form of entertainment/incentive for the animated characters. So, the effect multilayered what we perceive as the real or living... here I am watching an animation which shows animated characters watching real documentary footage. Soooo Coooool

Yeah, I know. That sounds pretty convoluted.

Pretty groovie,
Martha MacGregor