DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Why close a Fedex thread? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/27467-why-close-fedex-thread.html)

John Hudson June 12th, 2004 01:08 PM

Why close a Fedex thread?

Just curious Jeff and Im sure this will be locked/deleted/removed/banned...

Why close the Fedex topic as it was in the OFF TOPIC thread? I know its for 'about movies, television, music, anything media related.'

But its just conversation in the more appropriate thread. Sometimes its nice to hang out in a forum and just share experiences and chat. What, is Fedex a sponsor? :p

Not trying to stir up anything just trying to understand. (I did the same thing to my teachers in school; always questioning) :)

Im not that concerned with this particular subject but sometimes we see threads closed for the weirdest reasons.

Just asking.

Jeff Donald June 12th, 2004 02:01 PM

All that was happening was the bashing of FedEX. It is not the purpose of DV Info to be a source for shipping horror stories. No new material was being added, just members adding me too horror stories. The thread was not deleted, just locked. In the future if members have questions about FedEX the thread will reflect the comments by several members, so effectively it will serve it's purpose of showing FedEx in a negative light. Which is what I assume the original poster wanted to do. Well they did what they wanted.

There is no need to lock or delete this thread unless no new material is being added to the discussion. These types of discussions are usually handled best through private email. However, if you want a public discussions that's fine with me, as long as it stays on topic.

John Hudson June 12th, 2004 02:12 PM

Thats all I needed; thanks. DVINFO is a great place to hang out and learn and at times I just want to learn a little more about policy and procedure of the engine.

Feel free to lock this as I agree; I dont see any need for further discussion.

:)

Jeff Donald June 12th, 2004 02:47 PM

John, I appreciate your interest and your comments. In the past, we were a little too hasty in deleting posts. But you've got to remember, this is an all volunteer board. None of the moderators are paid for doing what they do. Only Chris receives income, which I suspect does little more than pay the expenses. This has been a learning experience for all of us. We deleted posts, at times, for the content, but we had so many roles to fill that time was of the essence. Now, with more moderators and also more experienced moderators we are able to monitor posts more effectively. In the future, I doubt you'll find post deleted unless there are personal attacks, fictitious posts, or for legal reasons to protect the owner and moderators.

Matt Gettemeier June 15th, 2004 06:28 PM

As the original poster to the other thread I thought my input on the 8th constituted "current" input AND additional input... The thread was closed/locked 3 days later on the 11th.

As it is, it is now the 15th and Fedex denies receiving the receipts that I've now sent twice... Sooo, I'm going to FAX them tomorrow and call back the same number and say, "Do you have my receipts?"

On their website it says "Claims are resolved in 5-7 business days..."

I shipped my packages last month on the 4th.

Nobody there is trying to help me.

As I've been self-employed for the last 12 years I certainly understand occasional problems so I just wanted to vent this in my other thread.

I didn't want to propagate ill-will towards ANYBODY and that's why I said, in that other thread, that I understand things like this WILL happen to us every now and then...

My complaint is in the udder lack of professionalism in which I've been treated by Fedex now that a problem has come up... What if I'd have been stupid enough to send my original receipts? Sorry lost them? Then I woulda' been out with no recourse... As it is it has taken 1 month plus 1.5 weeks and numerous hoops to accomplish nothing... I feel really burned by Fedex. B&H used to use Fedex exclusively and now it's UPS... exclusively.

So that's where it stands... until I get any form of communication OR my compensation from Fedex I don't see how I can add further information?

Jeff Donald June 15th, 2004 09:51 PM

Matt,

Your comments are off topic. This is not the forum or the community to resolve your issues with FedEX. You need to consult an attorney and/or create a website, such as this, to vent your frustrations. DV Info is not such a site. Further posting on this topic will be grounds for deleting your prior thread because of potential legal issues. Thank you for your attention to this matter.