DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   It's Official... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/30250-its-official.html)

Christopher C. Murphy August 8th, 2004 04:42 PM

It's Official.............

Hey all my good DVinfo friends!

I wanted to make an announcement. I've made the leap of faith...I am a filmmaker full time. I quit my day job in March, and have been letting it all soak in.

My girlfriend makes really great money as a Scientist/Chemist, and she told me to quit my job and follow my dream. Maybe I should marry her?!

As of right now I'm setting up my production company, and posted a local ad on Craigslist for crew and actors for my first serious HD short film. It's all falling together nicely because I can dedicate time to it.

Life sure doesn't suck when you follow your dreams. I just wanted to tell everyone because maybe someone else out there is wishing they could make a leap and go for it full time. Obviously, it's a $$ situation for almost everyone. But, if you have the opportunity, support and money won't be an issue...do it!

If you don't have the opportunity right now don't give up...I didn't........I'm 32 and damn it, I have been working towards this goal my whole life!

I think I'll ask my girlfriend to marry me............ummm, if I can still make movies afterwards! (no babies for years and years though - can we say birth control!)

This forum has been great to me...people on here have always supplied an endless source of information. I'm grateful and will continue to post all my knowledge and help others!

Murph

Aaron Koolen August 8th, 2004 06:25 PM

Hey Christopher, that's great news mate! Good on you for making the move. I know that it can be a nightmare of a decision to make giving up all the things that we're told we need (TV's, car's, houses etc) to follow a dream. Now you won't be one of those people on their death bed going "If only I'd..."

Although you might be one of those going "Shit, why did I do something so stupid! Now I'm broke!" ;^)

Good luck!

Aaron

Kevin Lee August 8th, 2004 09:51 PM

Bravo.
Congratulations on making the leap and having a great girlfriend.
Wish you much success as a film-maker and have a great wedding.

we only live once.

Dylan Couper August 9th, 2004 02:56 AM

MARRY HER BEFORE SHE FINDS OUT HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO BE A FILMMAKER!!!

Heh heh,
just kidding....

mostly....

Congrats!

Christopher C. Murphy August 9th, 2004 05:48 AM

Thanks everyone for wishing me well!

I've got commitment phobia, so it might take a long while to consider marriage for real. Hey, that could be my next documentry film...commitment phobia!

It's a good day today!

Take care all......Murph

John Hudson August 9th, 2004 11:57 AM

Yes you should marry her! And congrats! Full head asteam!

Dan Uneken August 9th, 2004 01:01 PM

And don't forget:

"The only way I know to get a thing done, is to keep trying.
Gil Favor's my name, trail boss"

"Herd'em up 'n move'm out!!"

Christopher C. Murphy August 9th, 2004 04:00 PM

Love Live All Full-Time Filmmakers!

Lol...ok, fun and games are over. Anyone want to hire me for a gig?

:)

Ahhh, the life of a filmmaker......

Murph

Yi Fong Yu August 11th, 2004 12:02 PM

know what's funnier? on your wedding you could shoot your wedding video... but wait... you're the groom, so someone else has to shoot it... but you can edit it!!! =^). heheheheh. i did a wedding for someone just in june and the groom himself edited his own DVD. how weird he?

anyway g'luck, hopefully cya soon.

Joe Gioielli August 11th, 2004 01:15 PM

She have a sister?

Good luck , congrats, and good for you!

Christopher C. Murphy August 11th, 2004 05:08 PM

You gay? She has a brother.

lol

Murph

John Hudson August 11th, 2004 10:19 PM

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Christopher C. Murphy August 12th, 2004 04:07 PM

Of course not.

I'm glad everyone can take a joke. I almost didn't post it!

Murph