Bell south ADSL Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old August 14th, 2004, 04:50 AM   #1
New Boot

Bell south ADSL Problem

I just Recently Subscribe to Bellsouth Fast Access ADSL and It was great for the first day, And then it happen it shut down on me. I fist had tech service tell me to reboot the Westell 6100 and reconnect and that kinda worked. Then i notice that every time i used msn Messanger that the mdem would lock up on me. Also I have fire wall off and used the NAT service to free up msn but it still does it.

What i need to know is there any help with this kind of situation im having? What can i do to fix it and can bellsouth be reliable for its bad service?

I have done cmd. ping urls and ipconfigs /all ect. anti spy ware you name it. and it works for a short period of time.

I think this is not a isolated problem.

My windows System is freshly new its Windows xp home edition
with all the service packs and updates. im usning a either net linksys LNE100TX fast eithernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4)

Also i have try'ed using the USB and in device manager i have set the powe on 24/7
Old August 14th, 2004, 05:08 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I've had Bells South's DSL for about a year, and have never had a problem. Compared to RoadRunner, it's faster and way more reliable. Keep working with the tech support, they'll get it straight.
Old August 14th, 2004, 05:36 AM   #3
New Boot

The techs dont know

Yeah i have been talking to the techs but they have no answer so far other than there going to ship me an new westell modem to see if that fixes the problems

I on the othr hand think its a msn software conflict of some sort. i have been reading threds all over the place on this issue.
Old August 14th, 2004, 07:27 AM   #4
Capt. Quirk

I have had the same problem with my cable service calls- The first thing they do is replace the box. No matter if it's Bell South, or Time Warner, you will see between 3 to 10 repair techs before getting the ONE that knows what they are doing.

Tip- Call more often, and speak to as many techs as possible. This will improve your odds of speaking to the ONE. When you find this Uber-tech, write down their name. This way, you know who to ask for the next time ;)

Now... If I can get them to fix the movies on demand, I'll be happy!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media