Has anyone ever seen Mulholland Dr.? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 6th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #16
Major Player

Before reading the explanation on that website, I thought that in some degree, in this movie Lynch was somehow making fun of everyone, mainly the "smart artsy bohemian Critics-student-teacher".

I thought that since he has allready an established reputation he basically could do anything, like paint a rock with pink dots in a bathtub and let the "smart-people" do analysis and interpretations while he cashes in some money.

Now I know a little better and the movie makes a lot more sense, but I still think people over analyze this stuff.

I think we are not suppossed to study the movie so in depth, but let ourselves go with the feeling and flow of the movie.

Of course I´m probably very wrong, but I got this feeling that Mr. Lynch does laughs quite a bit of many of us.
Old September 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #17
Major Player

"...but let ourselves go with the feeling and flow of the movie."

I respect this assessment but I couldnt even do this. I tried and almost fell asleep (Until the couch sequence of course)
John Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media