DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   I'll be visiting New York City from Oct 4th to Oct 8th, wanna meet the Bass? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/32185-ill-visiting-new-york-city-oct-4th-oct-8th-wanna-meet-bass.html)

Josh Bass September 19th, 2004 07:23 PM

I'll be visiting New York City from Oct 4th to Oct 8th, wanna meet the Bass?

Not cause I'm special or anything, but because I'm planning to move there (a woman, wouldn't ya know it), and I'm looking to make some possible video production contacts and whatnot. I've got a few people to meet with already, but anyone who's got a company out there, and needs a occasional camera guy, I'd like to meet with you. Also, filmmakers. . .looking to get in with some good people up there, to help each other and all that happy fuzzy stuff.

To sweeten the deal, just think of what you'll get if you meet me. You'll meet the man who:

-resembles both Paul Simon AND Dustin Hoffman

-Cannot be seen over a counter if it's too high

-Has probably posted more than some moderators, without being one

-Is one of the few people who hates the Matrix and all its hellspawn

-Is often mistaken for a woman on the phone

-Has had his name misspelled on envelopes, forms, and documents in such fun ways as "John Pass" , "Josh Pass," "Josh Bagg," and "Josn Pass."

You can't beat that.

Christopher C. Murphy September 20th, 2004 05:38 AM

Heck, sounds like you should fit in well there in NY city! ;)

Murph

Brack Craver September 20th, 2004 07:02 AM

Heck, I'd wanna drive up to NY and meet you just because you refer to yourself in third person. But you would have to continue doing this throughout the meeting, i.e., "The Bass will have a grilled cheese", "The Bass is going to the men's room", "The Bass ain't feeling too well"....just imagine the possibilities! I just thought of one more: "Did The Bass say something funny? Does The Bass amuse you?" At this point I'm grasping at my throat to pull out the butterknife that The Bass has stuck there. I just wanna go on record as saying that anyone named The Bass rules. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. But it's a fact. The Bass rules!

Joe Carney September 20th, 2004 11:41 AM

Yes he would fit in NY. I was up there last week and ran into more than a few interesting characters. Especially walking down 8th ave between 49th and 40th, hehehehe.

I was surprised that driving into downtown wasn't that hard or dangerous. Parking was very expensive, but no worse than DC.

Using the Jersey Turnpike, I was able to make it just under 4 hours, so any major events (on weekends) I hope to attend in the future.

Josh Bass September 21st, 2004 01:14 AM

More fun facts, and a way to bump this post:

The Bass:

-owns around 15 CDs, total, and listens to less than 4 on a regular basis (kept confidential so as not to invite the haters)

-believes simply putting clothes in the dryer for a few minutes is a viable alternative to ironing

-does not know how to nor has ever ironed (see above)

-thinks the work day should begin around 2pm

Federico Dib September 21st, 2004 04:12 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass :

-does not know how to nor has ever ironed (see above)

*** Donīt even try it. You will waste many hours and your shirts will still look like they came out of a bottle. (Believe, me Iīve been there many times).. Ironing is genetics, either you can or you canīt.
I canīt

-thinks the work day should begin around 2pm

*** Then you should move to Spain. I love it here, that I can wake up at 12 have a nice cooked breakfast and still have plenty of time to do some Carpe Diem.

-->>>

Brack Craver September 21st, 2004 05:38 PM

When it comes to the work day Spaniards do have it figured out! Barcelona is an awesome city. Much more laid back than any American city I've been to. I think The Bass should take a trip there. I love this quote, "kept confidential so as not to invite the haters". Like I said, The Bass rules, no two ways about it.

Joe Carney September 21st, 2004 10:19 PM

>>The Bass rules, no two ways about it.
<<
True, I caught a beautiful 12 pounder a few years ago. Probably Americas favorite sport fish.

Brack Craver September 21st, 2004 11:43 PM

From The Bass' website, and I quote, "Have a Basstastic day!" It just gets better and better. I see great things in The Bass' future. Could we have the next Sven Nykvist on this board? I dare say YES!

Josh Bass September 22nd, 2004 01:07 AM

Wow. . .several replies, and yet, not one from people in NY/Jersey, saying "Sure, Josh, love to meet you (hell, "like to meet you," "wouldn't completely hate the experience of meeting you")." Things are bleak, my friends. Looks like the Bass is going to be selling his body in NYC. I just hope my Johns are gentle.

Robert Martens September 27th, 2004 01:42 AM

The fourth through the eighth...that's a whole workweek, during which I'll likely be in the city. If not Manhattan, at least Queens. And on top of that, I wouldn't completely hate the experience of meeting you!

While I haven't got a company, nor indeed any projects for you to help me on, or any talent to speak of, I could always make myself available to pull cables on one of YOUR productions (as we briefly discussed in that other thread).

If nothing else, you'll get to meet the guy who continues to irk you with his lack of activity! You've listed all the great things we could get if we meet you, well, think of what you'll get if you meet me. You'll meet the man who:

-Was once told he resembled Glen Humplik, Tom Green's sidekick from that show

-Can obscure one's view of a counter with his fat backside

-Has about a nineteenth as many posts as you

-Is constantly "mistaken" for a bumbling, awkward, child-like clown on the phone

-Has had his last name written as both "Martin" and "Martins"

-Is self-deprecating to the point of causing those forced to listen to him nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, and diarrhea (Yay! Pepto Bismol)

-Has red hair

An attractive offer, I know. Try not to faint from the too-good-to-refuse-y-ness of it all.

Robert Knecht Schmidt September 27th, 2004 02:00 AM

Josh, first of all, congratulations on your new relationship. With such romantic entaglements come, shall we say, expanded responsibilities, so I have a propsition for you. I am putting on the table $10 and writing your name on it. It can be yours if you swear to name your firstborn "Drummond." And there's nine more where that came from if you name your second-born "Rhythmond." That's a whopping $100, and we haven't even gotten to "Largemouth" yet.

Have a great trip to New York. Visit Abe's of Maine for me and ask them why they're not in Maine.

Josh Bass September 27th, 2004 03:49 AM

Har har to the last two posts. A few things:

Not a NEW relationship, three and a half years old. Also, neither of us is keen on a firstborn, like, ever, at this point. I'll try to get her to name our first pet Drummond. I doubt she can be bought for less than, say, $5 mil.

Martens--I'll meet you. You can advise me on survival or something.

Robert Martens September 27th, 2004 05:58 AM

I get the feeling the "survival" comment is a joke, but I'm too stupid to figure it out...:(

Anyway, if you\'re interested, I\'m there! You can always email me if you wish to discuss the details off-board.

Josh Bass September 27th, 2004 12:58 PM

No joke. . .remember the Seinfeld where George pretends to be a tourist so he can be with some woman, and she keeps telling "the city\'s gonna eat you alive?" I don\'t wanna be George!

As for "my own productions", I assume it\'ll be awhile. I have to get settled in and all that. I don\'t think I\'ll move, and then the next week be holding casting calls.