Animation - which program? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #16
Major Player

Poser? No!

I'd stay away from poser as the models are incomplete or out of date. The real goal of Poser is to get you to buy more props, figures, or morphs because everything is incomplete. Then the software takes hold and it becomes an addiction. The new hook to this software is common expressions and individual features are sold separetely. I'm looking for a better solution.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #17
Trustee

hi,

if you guys are interested in 3D, here is a legally FREE piece of software/tool:
http://blender3d.org/cms/Images.151.0.html

you can legally create something can make $. theoretically you can assemble a team of animators using that free software on home desktop computers and churn out a pixar film with enough time/$ visually. of course, then you have to add voice acting, sound fx, etc. =). FYI.
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:43 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Hi,
I personally use Lightwave and have done for a number of years, the problem with most 3d packages, is that they take a lot of time to get to grips with. As you say your into vectors, I'd use flash you can get immediate feed back, and a free trial download.
Martin Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #19
Trustee

lightwave, and all 3D packages like it, costs a lot $. by the time you learn how to use it proficiently, a newer version has come out and upgrade-itis sets in.

that's why an open source program like blender is awesome. if afford you an opportunity to learn how to use a tool for FREE legitimately so that when you get proficient you can buy 3D packages and not feel like you didn't learn enough about it to make full use of it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media