NAB: The day I realized I married the perfect woman - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #16
Major Player

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in.

2 kids, fewer and fewer jellybeans,

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #17
Major Player

My wife just finished reading this thread, and it made her day that the 'whoppers' had an impact on not just me, but a few other people.

So, thanks for keeping my wife happy guys... takes some of the pressure off of me.
:)
Now that she sees how nice everyone is on here, maybe she won't make so much fun of me for being on the boards all the time.

And by the way, she cracked up at the "two tickets to NAB" comment.
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Got you all beat. My son is dating a wonderful women who is also his business partner. She goes on shoots with him and when needed, operates the B Camera (learned how from him), tows and drives the boat, handles the contracts, meets with potential clients and sponsers, helps set up crew, fields questions from everyone...lets him crowd up her house with all his gear, and is beautiful and genuinely nice. Even went to SCUBA lessons with him and got certified with him as well.

I told him if he let her get away, I'd never let him forget it. He plans on asking her to marry him very soon now.

I'm not telling anyone here her name or location. Not until the wedding at least.

hehehe.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #19
Wrangler

Ready for day two of NAB, with my lovely girlfriend Amy in tow...she's an actress, knew next-to-nothing about cameras and the rest of this junk before she met me, but she loves going to NAB (this is our second time). She sat through a very informative but pretty hourlong technical presentation on the HVX-200 and P2 cards tonight, and when I thanked her for her patience, she said "no, it was great! See, on an 8 gig card you get 8 minutes of HD, 16 minutes of DVCPRO50" etc etc.

Mostly she loves collecting bags, giveaways and treats from the vendors--and she has fun strapping on the DV-sized stabilizers (she leaves the big ones to me though!)
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #20
Major Player

Alright, charles convinced me...next year I'm not making any excuses, I"ll be at NAB and my wife will go with me!

She's never been to Vegas though, so I'm not sure if NAB is the best time to take her.... I'm sure there are other things in vegas she'd rather go see.
:)

You're a lucky guy Charles.
Nadia (my wife) is great, but I have yet to see her put on a DV Stabilizer

www.videoindie.com
HVX News, Links, and Updates as I get them
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #21
Capt. Quirk

Been married 7 years now. I ate my jelly beans years ago...
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #22
Trustee

hey chris congrats... or pre-congrats anyway. this is that Polish girl right>? g'luck man!
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #23
Trustee

Yi, that's right...you've met her!! She's quite the gal.

Luis, I think NAB season is the best time to take your lady. Seriously, she'll see just how big your industry is and you'll be able to impress her by pointing out so many "tools" of the trade. It's truly impressive, I've gone about 3 times already and I'm flying out at 5am to make it for the last 2 days. I'm not going to catch everything, but most of it should still be there...I hope. The goodies are probably long gone though!

I'll be in Vegas in 18 hours! Yeeha! Can't wait to see the toys..
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:26 AM   #24
Inner Circle

I hope to make IBC (I think thats what it's called).
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM   #25
Major Player

What a great story; and forget all that newlywed talk. My wife and I are going on 7 Years this June (Total time together is 8.5 years) and it's better than ever; and I'm in the same boat. My wife let's me babble to her aimlessy about my DVX100, Filmmaking and Cinemaese.

Sounds like a wonderful woman!

Here's a sidenot; my wife was in Target with my 5 year old (This week) son and he was 'playing' with another child; he told this kid he was going to be a 'filmmaker' like his dad. (Like I'm a filmmmaker :P Wannabe Filmmaker).

My wife was like "Oh God"
John Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media