NAB: The day I realized I married the perfect woman at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 18th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Major Player

NAB: The day I realized I married the perfect woman

Okay, so I just had to share this with people who could relate.

I got married back in November.
My wife is by no means a tech geek like me, and I've been driving her nuts for the past month with 'upcoming nab news and rumours.' She's heard enough about p2 and hd to last her a lifetime. God bless her she puts up with it.

Well, she knows Nab is this week..and she knows how much I look forward to hearing all the announcments, etc (even though she couldn't care less about them and doesn't even know what NAB stands for).

So I wake up this morning, go to the kitchen...and what do I find?

The coffee is already brewed, and next to the full coffee pot is a box of 'Whoppers' (my favorite candy I'm not afraid to admit). On the box of Whoppers is a card in an envelope.

I opened it up, and the card read:

"To my husband,
Happy NAB Day!
I hope you have a great day. Know that I love you and support you even if I don't understand it all!"

Now you tell me, did I marry the perfect woman or what?
I can't believe I found someone to put up with me, much less support me in my geeky obsessions.
:)
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Trustee

Hey Luis,

I think I'm going out with her sister. ;)

Seriously, my girlfriend is amazing just like your wife. My girlfriend works all day in Boston and has a long commute. She lets me stay home and goof off with this stuff we do. It's amazing really. Before I met her I'd always worked 60 hour weeks busting ass. I'm 32 and had my first job at 11! I worked for about 20 years with most of them without vacations. So, my girlfriend said I need a rest. Can you believe that??! Now, I'm walking around my yard all day playing farmer...then go back into my studio and play, back out in the yard. I'm going to marry this girl before someone else scoops her up.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher C. Murphy
Hey Luis,

I think I'm going out with her sister. ;)

Seriously, my girlfriend is amazing just like your wife. My girlfriend works all day in Boston and has a long commute. She lets me stay home and goof off with this stuff we do. It's amazing really. Before I met her I'd always worked 60 hour weeks busting ass. I'm 32 and had my first job at 11! I worked for about 20 years with most of them without vacations. So, my girlfriend said I need a rest. Can you believe that??! Now, I'm walking around my yard all day playing farmer...then go back into my studio and play, back out in the yard. I'm going to marry this girl before someone else scoops her up.
My story is similar to yours Murph. Good-bye corporate life!

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Yeah Murph, my only question is...why is she your girlfriend and not your wife yet? (only kidding, no reason to rush that one...my wife and I dated for 7 years before getting married back in november)

Woman like these are few and far between my friend.
It's days like today that remind me what makes her so perfect for me.

Never mind the fact that she has actually called me from work to ask me if anything exciting came out, or if "that P2 thing" was as good as I had hoped.

Old April 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Wrangler

Luis,
OBVIOUSLY, y'all are still NEWLYWEDS! See if in a few years she still does everything wonderful she does now! ;)
Just kiddin'. It IS possible...even after 6+ years, my wife is infinitely tolerant with my technostuff habit.
Best wishes!

Murph,
She's just waiting for you to hit it big in movies (like Spielberg) and be able to buy her a ranch!

Greg,
We do need to get together one of these days to shoot the bull...I need a dose of encouragement/courage to take earliest retirement next year from my day job and devote even more time to multimedia! That'll be the true test of love...when I give up a well-paying, secure, and actually pretty darn cool day job to shoot video for cash! (I'm bettin' she'll hang with me). ;)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Trustee

Luis, that is the coolest story I have heard in a long long time. Seriously - that's wonderful.

Aaron
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #7
Trustee

Way back when I wanted to upgrade from my 9600 baud modem, I was looking at the inexpensive 14,400 boxes and my wife saw a brand new 28,800 on display. She innocently asked me if 28.8 was twice as good as 14.4, and I said yes. She then pointed put that the 28.8 was not twice as expensive so it was a better deal, and I should get that one.

I could on say "I love you dear."

I had never been state-of-the-art before. I am often on the leading edge now. I like it better this way.

This is the same woman that grabs for the tripod to help me pack it up while I put away my camera.

I don't dare question why she loves me, but I do my best to try and keep it that way.

We have only been married 16 years, so we are still newlyweds. But I married a much younger woman and I had to wait for her to grow up before I met her.
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #8
New Boot

Awesome! Youre one lucky dude luis!
Humby Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #9
Trustee

Lol, you guys are so funny! Hey Steven, what's the age difference? I'm 32 and she's 25...I like it. ;)

Also, after reading this thread I'm going to do something special for her tonight. I'm being reminded how lucky I am..
Old April 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #10
Trustee

About the same. We married when I was 36 and she was 30.
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #11
Major Player

Yeah, we are still newlyweds....I realize that.

Although I hope to be able to say the same thing when WE are married for 16 years.

We've been together for 7, and still haven't gotten tired of spending time together, so that says something.

For the record, I'm going on 30 (this June) and she is 27.
(not that age seems to have much connection to the strength of a marriage).

I'm about to take my first break from Nab news for the day in order to go pick her up at work.... I'm glad the 'Whoppers' story was enjoyable to someone.
It meant the world to me, and I figured the people here were the only ones who could actually relate to it.

Also, glad to hear this thread has inspired you to do something nice for the women who put up with our bizarre little obsessions. I'll let my wife know that, she'll be happy to hear it (of course i better come up with something nice to do for her first...if not you guys are going to make me look bad)

www.videoindie.com
HVX news links and updates!
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #12
Trustee

Lol! To funny...and guess where I'm going right now?? To pick up my girlfriend at the train station. I'm her personal driver...lol
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #13
Capt. Quirk

If she were truly perfect, there would have been two tickets for nab in the envelope. But she ain't bad ;)
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #14
Major Player

But how many jellybeans are left in the jar on the nightstand?

(Hope someone gets that.)

Married for 7 years...

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #15
Trustee

Got it.

Not having kids helps keeps the jelly beans coming out of the jar.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media