Getting the perfect shot won me an interview with the FBI - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 10th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams
I work at a large federal dam in the southeast. Since 9/11 we have been very sensitive to any public filming around the facility. 99% of the time it is purely innocent. You know tourist type stuff. Then 2 years ago we latched on to 5 guys with cameras poked thru the fence. They were linked to a terrorist cell in NY and are now behind bars.

Regards,

Mark
--------------------------------------------------

Last Summer, I was getting some long-range shots of a big forest fire. I had gone over the gate on a large Corps of Engineers dam and was halfway out on the earthen fill. A uniformed Corps patrol agent came out soon after, but wasn't interested in giving me any trouble. She spent 15 minutes talking about cameras and the fires and went on her way, without even asking my name. Maybe it's just that I look harmless?
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #17
Major Player

Here in San Diego, when I had first recieved my DVX100 I had went down with my brother to shoot it out; Rosecrans, Shelter Island, Point Loma and The Master and Commander ship that was on display.

After an allday shooting extravaganza we rolled up to the Cruise terminal for parking (This is the best place to park when down there) and Customs Agents spotted me shooting the skyline with the DVX100.

They came over; demanded to see the footage; gave us the third degree for at least :45 minutes taking our DL Info and License Plate. Bizarre.

I respect them doing their job; but here we are in literally tourist central of San Diego Bay where EVERYONE seems to have a camera or camcorder and my bro and I look like typical Socal Dudes.

They must have been bored; then again; the camera attarcts attention as it is.
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Chavez
Did they spend that much energy going after the taggers?
I doubt it, and the paint is still there today. (And I was in a hurry to photo it before it was cleaned off... facepalm)
Jeff Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media