DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Yeehaw, go Spurrrrrrs! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/46704-yeehaw-go-spurrrrrrs.html)

Chris Hurd June 23rd, 2005 10:05 PM

Yeehaw, go Spurrrrrrs!

Between Dunkin' Duncan, Bowen's three-pointers and Obi Wan Ginobili, it's great to be in San Antonio if you're an NBA fan. What a great 7th game!

Greg Boston June 23rd, 2005 10:20 PM

It was a close one. Kind of reminds me of the series where Dallas won the Stanley Cup. Congrats to your Spurs. I still think Dallas screwed up by letting Steve Nash go to Phoenix.

-gb-

Stephen Sawchuk June 23rd, 2005 10:31 PM

I've seen better game 7's. Like the ones where the Pistons won.

* sniff *

Gary Chavez June 24th, 2005 01:09 PM

It was a grand old time last night as I bicycled downtown for the emotional celebration. What a series! What a game! What a night!

Mike Teutsch June 24th, 2005 05:23 PM

Yea!

Congrats to the Spurs!!!!

J. Stephen McDonald June 24th, 2005 06:59 PM

I was glad to see San Antonio win, as they definitely have an edge in class and style. I have admired Tim Duncan's capabilities, but his rather subdued manner on receiving the MVP award was appropriate, as he recognized, better than anyone, that he was not playing up to his standard, for a good part of the series. As brilliant and unique as Ginobili is, at times, he seemed more of a liability, as he doesn't always know when not to dive into the mob of defenders. They need to work Barry into more playing time, as his abilities are underused. R. Wallace's good performance showed why Portland was so torn and waited so long to boot him out for bad behavior. As always, Horry was the shining and steady, go-to guy in the clutch and he seems to follow his own advice about needing to have fun while doing it. There were a few flashes of great team stategy by both sides, but they need to learn how to do this more of the time. Neither looked so much like championship teams as they did like collections of good players. I guess I just can't get over how well the '77 Blazers played together.

This was my first year seeing the games in high-definition. It improved the experience and I'll probably be spending more time watching sports as a result of it. Do we know any of the DPs on the crew for the series? Anyone able to give us a list of the camera models and other equipment they used?

Chris Hurd June 24th, 2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

There were a few flashes of great team stategy by both sides
The clencher for me was watching San Antonio bore its way out of a nine-point deficit in the third quarter. I too would love to learn more about how these games are shot, if anybody has any input.

Brian Wood June 24th, 2005 08:46 PM

I have actually had a few chances to work with ESPN during Michigan State men's basketball games, one of them being in HD. Although I can't remember any specific model numbers I seem to remember the cameras themselves not being all that impressive (as in they looked similar to their SD counterparts with slightly larger lenses, but then again I was just feeding the camera guy cable and was too awestruck to really comprehend what was happening) The amazing thing was seeing the amount of equipment and logistics that goes into shooting a simple college game let alone an NBA finals game. For the usual game there is one truck dedicated to production, their satellite truck and then an additional storage truck for the immense number of production monitors, hundreds of feet of cable and other adapters, tripods. What’s also interesting is that all the ESPN broadcasts coming from Michigan State at least was contracted to a single company and that the same shooters work all the games - I guess I actually thought that ESPN sent out their own crews especially for the bigger games. But yah it was a real interesting experience working with them and hopefully I get to do it a few times again next year.

-Brian