DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   bombing in London (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/47355-bombing-london.html)

Joe Carney July 7th, 2005 07:44 PM

bombing in London

Our hearts and prayers go out to our English colleages and friends.

Greg Boston July 7th, 2005 11:00 PM

Absolutely. Was going to post that sentiment myself earlier today and got called away from the computer before I had a chance.

My heartfelt sympathies to all our friends across the pond. I wish London and the UK a speedy recovery because that's what really defeats the wishes of these &**(E&ing scumbags.

regards,

-gb-

Justin Morgan July 8th, 2005 02:50 AM

Thanks guys. A horrible day in London yesterday. Sympathies to those that have lost loved ones in this attack.

I'm back at work today, trains and tubes are a bit quieter than normal but by Monday it will be fine I'm sure. London will recover from this quickly. The difficult job of trying to figure out a way to stop this madness from happening again starts now...

PS My wife (who thankfully is okay) - was on the bombed Aldgate East train. Described it as a scene from a horror film. Very shaken up but she's okay.

Ed Smith July 8th, 2005 02:55 AM

My thoughts are with those court up in the troubles yesterday.

I often travel to London for business, but luckily for me I did not have to leave the office on Thursday.

Thanks,

Mathieu Ghekiere July 8th, 2005 06:49 AM

Justin, thankfully your wife is okay. You must be so happy.

And my sympathies for everybody who is the victim of such gruwesome attacks.

Dylan Couper July 8th, 2005 08:51 AM

Still waiting for friends in London to email me and tell me they are alive. This ain't fun.

Justin Morgan July 8th, 2005 10:04 AM

There are many people who've stayed at home today (on advice from the government) and therefore may not have access to their email. Compared to a normal day, London is VERY quiet today. Hopefully they'll be in touch with you soon, Dylan.

Joe Carney July 8th, 2005 04:30 PM

All I can say is London is my absolutely favorite European city. I've been there several times and always look forward to going back. Even had a big family reunion there a few years ago and we got to see the queen at the Royal Tatoo. Incredible.

Owen Dawe July 8th, 2005 05:22 PM

Heartfelt sympathy to all the Londoners from downunder in New Zealand.

It was interesting to see cell phone shots and footage broadcast by the BBC worldwide. I'm sure cell phone pics. in the future will help to bring those who carry out these gastly deeds to justice.

Dylan Couper July 8th, 2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Still waiting for friends in London to email me and tell me they are alive. This ain't fun.

Got emails today, everyone is fine. Bit of a relief!

Ben Gurvich July 8th, 2005 11:17 PM

Was thankful i got a positive email yesterday too.
My thoughts are with you all.

Ben Gurvich